Man Jailed For 30 Months For Spam-Attacks On AOL Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
We need more examples of dirtbags like him being dealt with more severely. This scum deserved at least 5 years, or better yet just remove a finger from his hand every time he pushes the button to make his spam program execute.

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
An individual is innocent until proven guilty. Upon conviction, however, the sentence for a spammer should be Death, within 72 hours. Stop playing games. Put them down and have done with it. Whose interests does any alternative serve? I doubt it's yours, and it certainly isn't mine, because I don't need to pay good money to keep them fed, clothed, and housed in jail. Spamming is not a crime of passion; these people know it's wrong and do it anyway.

nekatreven

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]An individual is innocent until proven guilty. Upon conviction, however, the sentence for a spammer should be Death, within 72 hours. Stop playing games. Put them down and have done with it. Whose interests does any alternative serve? I doubt it's yours, and it certainly isn't mine, because I don't need to pay good money to keep them fed, clothed, and housed in jail. Spamming is not a crime of passion; these people know it's wrong and do it anyway.[/citation]

This is an interesting and tempting concept, but unfortunately the financial burden of jailing a criminal is not something they can be legally held responsible for. The punishment has to match the crime.

Most people have gotten a speeding ticket, and yet we don't kill them so as to avoid paying for the clerks and judges and offices that process the tickets.

Maybe we can just put all the spammers in a big hole or something and throw them scraps every now and then. Never mind all the toilets showers clothes and beds.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I occasionally send links to articles here and there to people I know might be interested or amused by the article, and this one is definitely worth sending to ALL the persons in my contact list, but I'll feel dizzy pushing the "Send" button...

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
Good news anyway. I just wish they did not have to go through government informants. E-mail should be a more secured and more identifiable means of information transport. Will this require a restructuring? Hell yes! Get rid of SMTP and prevent just any computer from sending mail. Armies of zombies do just that.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
@gm0n3y,

Yes. The "Heroes of Might and Magic" series of games. I'd suggest Heroes3, the classic (which means a reworked version to work on NT based systems, which the original version did not). Or you can borrow them from Adam Vitale for the next at least 30 months (he might be out on parole, but he will be on probation, so no way to really command that army of zombie computers he has already infected. Bad news though is that he won't be able to come out with new versions of them to escape antivirus updates).

cathylandry

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2008
Seems like a step in the right direction but we need to have more of these spam and spyware people jailed to really send a message. All you can really do in the mean time is have a strong spam filter like SpamBully and a good AV/antispyware to make the internet less painful

Status
Not open for further replies.