Man Jailed for Destroying 50,000 Motorola Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Well you can't do much against that sentence in such a corrupt government. You can bet someone wanted his head if they were going to use those as part of a bribe.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Of course the cops were bucking for a bribe, that's the way things work up there. The credibility of the situation would be even lower if the phones being confiscated were from the RAZR line (as the one in the picture) as these phone have lower radiation levels that are lower than most other models.

alyoshka

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Hey!! 1.5 Million at that time..... and I guess even now is a big thing in Russia, so, that's knowingly destroying someone else's property, abuse of power and authority bestowed upon you by the government. And truly it was as a matter of fact intimidation using any means necessary by the authorities to get the guy to pay an extra buck. So I guess, the sentence meted out is well deserved.
Of Course it's my point of view, but in Russia, I guess it's a well deserved thing, rare to see the judiciary up against a person and not being able to get away with it. That's a big plus....
Progress.....

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Inmate 1: What are you in for?
Inmate 2: Murder!
Inmate 1: What are you in for?
Dmitry Latyshev: I ordered the destruction of 50,000 cell phones.
Inmate 2: You animal!

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Well, I was thinking it was some nut job who destroyed a whole bunch by bombing or something, but it turned out to be different. Anyway, it is rather funny, except for the vendor.

G

He was a corrupt government official.... I'd prefer capital punishment for those types of offenses. We need that here in the USA for sure as they are all corrupt.

drwho1

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
is not about the phones, is about the 1.5 million (I guess this is in US dollars)

also it appears that the owner is not getting paid a penny.
justice?
probably NOT.

G

15 years?! Some people get much less time, for far worse crimes...
Though he'll surely appeal from the decision, and hopefully wins.

G

Who would have believe those russian cops or customs will actually "destroy" those phone!! my best guess is the whole city's cops were allocated new "standard communication equipment" made by moto.
XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS