Man Loses $200,000 to Fake Online Girlfriend

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
I'm a female! I look like Charlize Theron :) Looking for a rich online boyfriend! now! lol...I guess my name Bigmac isn't gonna help is it?

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
I truly feel for lonely hearts out there but damn. Imagine the hookers he could have had with that money! Geez, at least get some real as$ before spending your cash!

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]A hooker would have been alot cheaper and he would have gotten more out of it[/citation]
Plus that way you're supporting local business!

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]You know, he made a terrible decision to take it seriously in the first place, but you can't ignore that the guy is probably extremely lonely. You don't know what he looks like, if he's disabled, etc. He may have chosen a "distance relationship" because he felt it was all he could have.It's sad. No part of this is funny.[/citation]

Damn, I was laughing until I read this.

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
There are a lot of dumb people out there. And to think this dummy had 200K to throw out the window.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
No vacations in 2.5 years where he could've met "her" yet he had money saved?
Only Americans are that enslaved to their jobs.

G

Some say rich people are idiots, i wouldn't call 200k rich, and most rich people are smart, how do you thing they become rich in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.