Man Pawns His Mom's Wii for Cigarettes, Booze

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
[citation][nom]NapoleonDK[/nom]Did anyone else read the title and see "Man PWNS his Mom's..."[/citation]

When I read the title it was apparently fixed. But after reading it I imagined Tom's could easily make that mistake by omitting the A.

[citation][nom]insider3[/nom]I did lol. They edited it now. I guess someone read your comment and fixed it.[/citation]

LOL Did it really say that before? I'm not surprised with the errors in a couple other article titles the last two days.

Billion vs Trillion
"Disaster-Proo"

G

I thought he sold his mom for a Wii, that would make a 'better' article

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Princeofdreams[/nom]And this is tech related news in what way?Really TH is scraping the bottom of the barrel for news these days[/citation]

can you say R E T A R D ??? this is Tom's guide not tom's hardware you imbecile, tom's guid give more light hearted news stories not the more hardcore tech articles that TH gives , if you don't like it then don't read the article, i perosnaly find it interesting to read the TG stories and have thier links at TH so i can see articles from both sites.

dxwarlock

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Soldier37[/nom]"Some gamers and developers will say that the Nintendo Wii is not for the hardcore crowd " lol are you kidding me? Hardcore and the Wii go together like Obama and National Security...they dont! Sounds like another case of bad parenting to me. Sounds like this punk needs some discipline in his life, Dad im sure is long gone.[/citation]

can you make any posts that don't somehow squeeze in your political views and dislike for the current administration? seriously. I have yet to see you post without somehow side slipping in some totally unrelated poke at democrats or obama.

npaladin2000

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]While I agree the kid's a douche... what kind of parent would actually press charges against their own child?[/citation]

A parent who realized that, despite all their efforts, their child is a lying, thieving douche?

Sometimes you just gotta use the tough love.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
[citation][nom]DXWarlock[/nom]can you make any posts that don't somehow squeeze in your political views and dislike for the current administration? seriously. I have yet to see you post without somehow side slipping in some totally unrelated poke at democrats or obama.[/citation]
Yeah, you guys have as much chance at agreeing politically as Obama does at balancing a budget!

FSXFan

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]While I agree the kid's a douche... what kind of parent would actually press charges against their own child?[/citation]
Maybe this was just the last straw. What kind of other things must he have done to his mom over the years and got away with that led him to think he could just get away with that? For crying out loud he's 23 and still living with his mom, obviously the guy doesn't make the best life decisions. If I had a 23 year old child living with me, #1 I would not want to be still supporting his smoking and drinking habits (if you're too poor to afford a place to live you're too poor to smoke and drink), #2 if he's stealing from me to pay for things he doesn't NEED, maybe some time in jail would be better for him than just continuing letting him steal or kicking him to the street.

No 23 year old should need to be told that stealing from his mom is wrong.

seriousazn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2009
[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]I don't know what's more messed up, the fact that he pawned his mom's Wii, or the fact that she turned him in for it.[/citation]
Well...I remember that one movie where the guy stole his mom's tv and pawned it to buy drugs...His mom was so nice that she jut went and bought it back...........THEN HE STOLE IT AGAIN! o_O

halcyonnn

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]can you say R E T A R D ??? this is Tom's guide not tom's hardware you imbecile, tom's guid give more light hearted news stories not the more hardcore tech articles that TH gives , if you don't like it then don't read the article, i perosnaly find it interesting to read the TG stories and have thier links at TH so i can see articles from both sites.[/citation]

And your intelligent response is to call somebody a "R E T A R D?" It was a valid point. The stories here seem to be getting more and more like they are scrapping for something to post. Every day this kind of stuff happens in every city around the country. I knew a woman whos son sold her pet fish for drug money. Maybe I should find a fish news site. I could write about it and get paid for it. Yeah that would be some journalistic excellence. The great thing is I know even though this is a valid point, so many people will give it the thumbs down, it will be hid within hours if not minutes.

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008

A parent that isn't going to take crap from their kid. These days we are told "You can't hurt their self esteem, you have to treat them nicely even when they do wrong, etc".

It's called tough love. It's better than some of the crap parents are told on how to discipline their kids. Besides, a 23-year-old stealing his mom's Wii? Pretty low. He's an adult and he stole something that wasn't his. Sounds like a crime to me. If someone else had stolen your stuff, wouldn't you report it and have them arrested? Why should it be any different because it's her son?

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Tech or not, this hardly qualifies as "news." I'm pretty sure this happens on a weekly basis here in the craphole town I live in. Unless the news part is where the guy is in jail, because around here our jails are full. The cops would have just told him "stop it," and gave him a stern look.

Status
Not open for further replies.