Man Pleads Guilty to Network Hack, VP Threat

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
if he would've plead not guilty, is there any way they would have enough evidence to prove him guilty?

This article definitely encourages me to use the best wireless security as possible at all times..I wonder if the neighbor that got hacked was on something weak like WEP..

aliened

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
now thats what I call a full-fledged jerk, glad hes at jail now, and doesn't matter too much but at least at the end he admitted what he did, not like all those whiners saying that they are innocent when its obvious they are not.

gorillateets

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Shutup about Karma. There is no such thing. Karma is for retards.

The guy had it coming. The article isn't exactly detailed. Where did he kiss the kid? Forehead? Lips? Cheek? What was the prior relationship? How long had the neigbors known eachother? It is weird that anyone other than a parent would kiss a 4 year old anywhere but still. He kinda went berserk for no reason. Guys like that need their nuts chopped off with a rusty spoon.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
are people so dubm, people dont even realise that when you connect to a router it keeps track of your wireless cards id or if you are using ethernet the boards id

you can spoof this but its easy to prove to the police that you didnt do it because 2 people cant have the same id and stay connected (we are not talking about ip here)

so they would have a log of all the devices which requested an ip address from the router for accses to the internet

anyway no encryption is safe, there are ways arround most of them with freely availble tools the only difference between security testers,hackers and people like me is security testers and people like me only do it to systems which we have been allowed full accses over and in most casses have the login code anyway

rawoysters

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2009
In 6 months he'll get a letter from the RIAA wanting $27,000 per song for the 30 songs his neighbor downloaded. By the way "Tom's Hardware", the spam is getting out of hand , please do something.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
well some ppl dont realize you need a good wep key. i know my neighbor's wireless wep key, its there dads name only 2 passwords to find it when i where bored. alto i newer use it for anything i got my own internet to use.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
elecentral, you have no idea what you are talking about do you

wep keys are not secure, they continuously broadcast the key thats why it takes less than 10mins for even someone sitting infront of a guide to get arround it

all you have to do is log there internet traphic and find the key that is being ussed the most and you have it

wpa and better encryptiong actually encrypts the key and so is infinatly better but this can still be bypassed

id recomend elcentral that you get rid of that wep key you are using for something a little more modern, you can get a pre set up bootcd with it all ready to go in less than an hour and do this easily

to http://www.openxtra.co.uk/articles/wep-weaknesses

i tested it on my own network to see just how weak it was and i was suprissed to learn that you only need a handfull of comands to actually get someones wep key

fuzzyplankton

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
[citation][nom]spanky555[/nom]Karma is for people who don't believe in science>[/citation]
All you have to do is spoof your mac address and login to the router setting. Then change the time the router has on to the macs from forever to like 5 sec. Most people don't ever change there router default password. Then clear the router logs and your done.

fuzzyplankton

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2010
Wep is easy to break. With a copy Back tracks and the right hard ware it takes 5 mintues for old routers and up to 24 for new ones out the box. And dont forget to turn your windows sharing off so you wont pop up on there computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.