Man Pulls Fake Gun on Crowd in Splinter Cell Stunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerky_san

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Wonder what they would of said if the cops shot him full of bullets.. "Best marketing stunt ever?" Since then it would make national headlines and make it the next MW2 "shoot up" scene scare..

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Marketing gone right... guess who just got free press for this stunt?

"It was marketing gone wrong", eh? sure it was... sure it was...

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Marketing gone wrong? There is no such thing as marketing gone wrong. This story still spreads the word of the game. As much as I hate people that sue anything and everything I hope someone sues them for being dumb shits. Common sense should dictate that this is a bad idea, not that they seemed to care.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Oh god that is funnier than all hell. I can picture sitting at Stella's (here where I live) drinkin a tall one and seeing some guy with a patch over his right eye, crew cut, dirty, bandage on right hand with gun in right hand wearing a ragged brown short sleeve shirt and black jeans with a face to kill walking towards the crowd. LOL.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Think about all the people involved. Ubisoft, Monaco Corp., the unnamed marketing company, the actor himself...and no one along the line said, "Wait, this could be a bad idea."

Group Fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.