Man Uses New iPod Nano to Shoot Up-Skirt Video

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
Let's get one thing straight: Don't blame the device, blame the people who use them for nefarious purposes. This could've just as easily been done with a camera phone.

johnny_5

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Ehsan W[/nom]one user saying "putting such devices in Japan" is irresponsible lolkinda getting racist[/citation]
A negative stereotype for sure, but also a hilarious comment.

Major7up

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2009
That guy was just asking for trouble. Unless this was an adult bookstore (or adult section) I'd say that he was way out of line and that the girl could reasonably expect that such encounters would not occur regardless of what she was wearing. If I was the girl dressed as she was entered a bar or similar location, then the opposite would be true. There should be some expectation that men would try these things...I mean isn't that why you dressed the way you did in the first place? For attention? Usually from men?

Montezuma

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2008
The Life Time Fitness group in the U.S. has banned the device for fear gym-goers will use it to capture voyeuristic video.

Seriously? A company thinks it can ban the use of a MP3 player with a camera because some people would misuse it? Yeah, I do not see that actually happening. They can have a written rule, but I would refuse to follow it. Talk about asinine.

socrates047

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
"It's not the camera that's the problem...
The miniskirts are.
If women don't want someone (or something) peeking under their miniskirts, don't wear them I'd say..."
men are the problem,lol

illegalmonkey

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
one user saying "putting such devices in Japan" is irresponsible lolkinda getting racist

They're kidding right? Japan has been known for having some of the sickest, most retarded, most perverted stuff in the world and they're harping on a guy taking panty pics?? lol

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Hmmm. Let's think about this for a second. You know...I didn't watch the keynote Jobs gave to demonstrate the new camera feature...but I am willing to bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that he didn't strap the new iPod Nano to his shoe and walk up to a mannequin with a short skirt and then say "And just look at the clarity of this shot! Giggity! Giggity! GOOO!"

Anyone who is lambasting Apple for putting a camera in this device just because some resourceful pervert decided to use what could have been ANY small electronic device with an onboard camera should be held down and wrapped with cellophane so we don't catch the disease that is making them retarded. Is there a such thing as brain flu?

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
A forum thread discussing the story is filled with shocked users who can't believe Apple didn't consider the fact that the device could be used for nefarious purposes, with one user saying "putting such devices in Japan" is irresponsible.

Oh, come on..if it wasn't an iPod it would be some other device. Pervert's were doing this long before the iPod was even invented, and nowehere in the device's literature does it say go out and produce up-skirt video's.

What next: blame Ford for making cars on the basis some prat got drunk, and ran someone else over?

tipoo

Distinguished
May 4, 2006
The guy is innocent, this is a bug just like the one where the Iphone takes a picture of you jacking off and sends it along to a female co-worker.

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]This has been happening for decades with thousands of different picture taking media.Just because a guy with an apple product got caught using it for such purposes does not make this news. Time for you people to read some real news where they have been reporting this and other things for years.[/citation]

Yea Tom is so garbage, they seem to be taking stories off of msn news or something

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]kansur0[/nom]Hmmm. Let's think about this for a second. You know...I didn't watch the keynote Jobs gave to demonstrate the new camera feature...but I am willing to bet you ONE MILLION DOLLARS that he didn't strap the new iPod Nano to his shoe and walk up to a mannequin with a short skirt and then say "And just look at the clarity of this shot! Giggity! Giggity! GOOO!"[/citation]
No, but it would have been funny as hell if he had. :)

G

This news is sooo over-rated. Stuff like this happens all the time.. So a guy likes to have real-life up-skirt footage. Whats the big deal?
The best T&A i have ever seen i'll never forget and i don't need recording for that! have laws that punish the users, not the ones that create new technologies and help move the world..

and the girl:
Have some pepper spray nearby and spray him in the face.. or kick him where it hurts..

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Marshall once removed someone's eye with a spork in Europe. Sporks should be illegal in Europe and the spork manufacturers should be fined for not anticipating this eventuality, nor doing anything to prevent it.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
Actually, I think it's high time I took my x-ray spec's back to Blackpool. I bought them on the premise I could see through women's atire..

pythy

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
There was this major news report I saw the other day about this guy who bought a gun........ and he shot somebody with it!!!
OMFG!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.