Mark Zuckerberg Surpasses Google Founders in Wealth

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mb2bm55

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2010
[citation][nom]tomrippity02[/nom]How much would Google and its owners be worth if it didn't spend/give so much money outside of ventures that directly impact its revenue? Seriously, how much money have they invested in alternative energy projects, environmental grant competitions, and all kinds of other philanthropic stuff...Does Mark or Facebook do ANYTHING for ANYONE else but themselves? The only things I have heard about are commitments to do or give in the future, money that they don't actually have. He only gave money to the Newark school system right before he knew he was going to get bad publicity from the Social Network movie...[/citation]

To be fair to Zuckerberg, Facebook has not reached a mature enough state for him to be doing this yet. Neither Page/Brin or Gates did much philanthropic work till they created a mature titan that couldn't be shaken by much. That Said, I greatly admire the latter 3 while Zuckerberg is impressive but only filled a void left behind in the market created/expanded by Msft, Google, Apple, Oracle and whatnot. The average joe was not thought of by those guys because they are so far out of the league of the average intelligence that they didn;t create something 'for the masses'

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
This is insane. I feel good knowing I'm not generating any revenue for Facebook. The only reason I use it is it's the only way to keep in touch with friends these days. I don't use Farmville, buy gifts, play Mafia Wars, or any other crap like that. I don't even see ads because of AdBlock.

F*** facebook. Everyone is always on it. Do people have nothing better to do?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Considering that we're in a tech bubble right now, Zuckerberg's worth is only theoretical while Gates' worth is actually based on hard, solid products he sells.

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]Jax69[/nom]he doesn't deserve that wealth, how's this possible, his company is producing nothing but he is taking a lot of money.[/citation]

That's not our decision to make

youssef 2010

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2009
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]You can be a real billionaire, like Gates (MSFT actually makes products that sell), or you can be a paper billionaire, like Z-berg. Not to mention the huge difference in character.[/citation]

Being a Billionaire at 27 is no small feat. He IS the world's youngest billionaire after all.

Microsoft controls 90% of the world's computers. You're forced to use their software. But FB forces you to use it because all of your friends are on it. The guy only tried to create a way to connect with people everywhere. He also made it for free. So, if he becomes the world's richest man out of the ads on his site, that's fine with me

G

This is not bad achievement for somebody like Zukaburg,I myself is proud of mr. Network achievements it's just a matter of creativity and you wipe youself from the rest of people state of earning, why other people so evious of his financial status?Bravo Zuk sodier on,Fredrick Onyango from Africa-Kenya.

Status
Not open for further replies.