Massive Database Hacked; Email Addresses Stolen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Lucky for me, based on the list, I have only dealt with two of the companies listed. That and I use multiple email accounts were each one is used only for certain purposes so it was no big deal for me to change the information and close the affected email account down. Still pretty ticked, that we're the ones that have to take matters into our own hands, and if you don't give these companies every stitch of info about yourself, they won't deal with you or look at you like you got something to hide. Well, yeah I do, cause these guy's probably won't care enough to do anything, and if they do it might be to late for some poor soul.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]tntom[/nom]That is what journalists are for, like those at Tomshardware, to check back and pressure these people. Are the good journalists at Toms going to do that for us?[/citation]
You have to be kidding... LOL.
Just look at the amount of spam that plagues Toms everyday. They can't even keep the comments section clean (same spammers, not even a challenge there).

zaperbaby123

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
The geek squad link on keeping your computer safe they spell computers as compters LOL
kind of reminds me of the time I had my laptop at Best Buy and the guy asked me if I need my laptop serviced and I said to him I wouldn't let your technicians touch it with a 10 foot pole LOL the look on his face was priceless.

I have no use for the technicians at geek squad most seem to barely know what they're doing and they charge way too much for their service.

1. Use proactive software protection. Anti-malware software is a basic requirement for initial protection on all compters.

I can't believe geeks squad wouldn't at least spelll check what they put on the website this is absolutely hilarious LOL

http://www.geeksquad.com/do-it-yourself/tech-tip/six-steps-to-keeping-your-data-safe.aspx

I wonder how long till they notice they spelled computers wrong.

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
Not sure if you got it too, but one of the Google ads at the bottom of the page was for a "Certified Ethical Hacker" 5-day course. Think that one broke ye olde Irony Meter...

Status
Not open for further replies.