Massive fps drop after 30-1h playtime on my laptop.

Filip Crnogorac

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Every time I start my computer and go to play videogames for about 30min up to maximum of 1h my fps drops for 70%. Example would be League of Legends where my normal fps rate is 120 than after some time it drops to 20-40 fps which is very anoying cuz whenever there is teamfight fps is 5-10, so its unplayable.
Every time I restart my computer this problem is fixed to up to 1h like I mentioned above, so problem being cpu is off I believe. Its not overheating or anything.
I've run antivirus and Anti Malware programs , they found something but nothing that helped with this problem. I've searched google for problem like this , there are simillar ones but nothing like this.
Task Manager is not showing any big programs runing in backround and cpu is always at 30-40% of usage.

I'm using laptop Toshiba
Intel Core i7-3610QM @ 2,30GHz
6,00 GB RAM
Intel Graphics 4000

Filip Crnogorac

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
Well whole fact that problem is fixed after I restart computer should mean its not overheating and I had overheating problem and when my laptop heats up you can bake an egg on it.My laptop restarts in 20 seconds. I dont think 20 seconds is enough time for it to cool down.
But to make sure its nothing like that I'll run a test.

you play a game and your cpu has all 4 cores and 4 hyperthreads running at 2.3 ghz and the onboard gpu pushing out max, then you reboot and it goes down to 1 or 2 cores needed for bootup at like 1ghz, it will cool down quick enough. And it's not like you're right back into a game after rebooting in 20secs. more like a few minutes probably by the time you're actually pushing the system again.

Sounds like heating issues and without testing and just saying it doesn't seem hot isn't very scientific.

Filip Crnogorac

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
So I've done a test and played a game for 40 min and same thing happened now. from 110 fps to 26. My temp on all 4 cores are from 65 to 70C when it happened.
And even if I leave computer and dont do nothing for 20-30 min nothing will work better untill I restart it.