master unlock code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2018
i paid to have a phone unlocked, after he retrived me the unlock number, it then requested a MASTER UNLOCK NUMBER? Could you plz. enlighten me as to what the heck this master unlock code is for, and who does them. I heard this far its free to have undone, but the chap at the phone store never seen this in all the phones his store has unlocked? Seems everyone was giving me the right Master unlock code, problem was only 7 #'s when 8 are needed! added a ZERO in front to make 8 numbers and it unlocked my phone. COUNT UR UNLOCK NUMBERS!

Mar 6, 2018
Hi well i'm back,
Called Samsung regarding the master code, the guy seemed generally sincere, gave me a 'code', he ensured me after, he himself tried something from his end and gave me a "green light", punched in the code and 'zilch', nada, SFA!!SHOULD i ATTEMPT THIS AGAIN? I also called "BELL", who gave me a 'code', which also didn't work?

Mar 6, 2018
OK T.G.! I first checked mobile phones "BLACKLIST", to make sure the phone I bought wasn't reported stolen or lost. It came up clean, then I spoke to " THE CARRIER", seems everyone was giving me the same codes? So after reading about unlocking procedures it mentioned a bunch of numbers like "zero's ( 0), I read the MC #'s there was 7 in all the numbers everyone was giving me, so I needed another to make 8! OK, they mentioned to disregard all the ZERO's, and use the 8, i took an educated guess & added a "0", in front of the 7 numbers & behold "UNLOCKED"!!! So if your trying unlock #'s, & U count 7 try adding a "0", you may save urself alot of "FRUSTRATION"!THX's rgd1101, 4 UR motivation 2 have me not give up!

Status
Not open for further replies.