MasterCard Hit by DDoS in WikiLeaks Revenge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]um has anyone noticed that none of the comments are rated anymore?[/citation]

-1 to +1/1 FAIL.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]bugo30[/nom]Just wait until wikileaks gets ahold of everybody's medical records... Some things need to be kept secret.[/citation]

Sounds like a good plan to me, I've got nothing to hide.
I'm sure the spread of STDs would lessen if everyone's medical records were easily accessible.

BTW, the cause is irrelevant. VISA and MasterCard are based solely off the finances of others, and have no business in telling those customers where to spend their own money. The last time my bank tried to tell me where I could spend my money, I called them and told them either the transaction would go through or my next transaction would be closing the account.

The US is really shooting themselves in the foot here. Instead of turning WikiLeaks into the villain, they're turning themselves into the villain. Can't you at least pretend to still be a free country?

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Please, excuse my language, but are you f***ing retarded?! You've got about the same chances of getting away with this as if you had just attacked the US Treasury building. Maybe they're taking measures to prevent it (for their sake, they'd better be), but do you really think you're so great that they can't track you down sooner or later? Why don't you just go stab a prison guard and save yourself the trouble?

On a rather unrelated note, I'm waiting for the day to come when hackers finally break into a way to modify a system's BIOS. So many computers will be overvolted, and god knows what else, to death when that day arrives...

spidey81

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Sounds like a good plan to me, I've got nothing to hide.I'm sure the spread of STDs would lessen if everyone's medical records were easily accessible.BTW, the cause is irrelevant. VISA and MasterCard are based solely off the finances of others, and have no business in telling those customers where to spend their own money. The last time my bank tried to tell me where I could spend my money, I called them and told them either the transaction would go through or my next transaction would be closing the account.The US is really shooting themselves in the foot here. Instead of turning WikiLeaks into the villain, they're turning themselves into the villain. Can't you at least pretend to still be a free country?[/citation]

Makes you wonder what all these financial institutions have to hide to succumb to governmental pressure. At least that's the only reason I can think of that they would stop the transfer of money to an organization that leaks information.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]bugo30[/nom]Just wait until wikileaks gets ahold of everybody's medical records... Some things need to be kept secret.[/citation]

They don't leak medical records unless it is proof of great criminal wrongdoing.

Wikileaks is about releasing government and corporate WRONGDOING. Its not about ruining anyone except those who have already done so themselves through corruption.

Its a whistleblower web site, its not specifically anti-American only in the fact that they receive info about a lot of people in the US government have going off the deep end and cutting away at the rights of people both in and outside the states (see botched CIA kidnappings in other countries, and pressure not to seek charges against said CIA agents).

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]kinggraves[/nom]Sounds like a good plan to me, I've got nothing to hide.I'm sure the spread of STDs would lessen if everyone's medical records were easily accessible.BTW, the cause is irrelevant. [/citation]

And you might be excluded from jobs/social circles/looked down opon by others if they find that you get tested frequently, a sure sign of a sexual deviant who has lots of sex with different people.

Imagine if your boss was a devout religious person who hated people who had sex out of wedlock? Guess you might not get that promotion after all...or maybe your being let go.

There are big reasons for medical information to be secret. Those with nothing to hide either live the most dull lives possible or don't know how their information can be used against them.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
[citation][nom]spidey81[/nom]Makes you wonder what all these financial institutions have to hide to succumb to governmental pressure. At least that's the only reason I can think of that they would stop the transfer of money to an organization that leaks information.[/citation]

Considering the next leak Wikileaks said they would release would be about the banking industry, I'm sure not much pressure would be needed for them to do this. Paypal and some other payment processor said already that they were pressured into it by the state department.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
I don't understand some of the comments here. It seems that a good portion of you support these attacks.

I thought Wikileaks was supposed to be a journalistic website. With these hackers conducting attacks on private and government sectors, they're just justifying what the Governments want to be done - classify Wikileaks as a terrorist / espionage organization.

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

G

BAD BAD ECHO, next the US are going to track down all shadows...
Stand up to your words, or do not talk. if somebody echo what you said, you might not trust them but that can not turn them into terrorists.
If the matter it that serious you properly said something you should not have.
Stop crying and take responsibility.

orionantares

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2010
[citation][nom]azcoyote[/nom]Hey, I heard that IRS.gov said WikiLeaks is UGLY....So uh... DDOS time right?[/citation]

Before you DDoS the IRS just remember, they will find you, and they will return the favor...

lashton

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2006
lol as a 4chan member i dont think you people understand why these attacks occour, the attacks are happening because they can, 4chan managered to gain access to pentagon computer last year, its a statement, what wikikeaks did was make the US govt. look like a stupid buck of F88K heads, lol and they are

Achilles295

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2010
[citation][nom]subgum[/nom]Stupid kids these days with nothing better to do.[/citation]

They're not doing this because there's nothing good on TV you know. But I guess if you knew you wouldn't be talking out of your a$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.