Max CPU for extensa 386d laptop

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

frozenlead

Distinguished
I won't post again, fine.
What's the point, you ignore most of my points anyway.

If people down there are paying $300 for a PIII machine, they lack the ability to go online and order a machine from the US that doesn't have quite so high a price for such low hardware. Their fault. Tons of people do this from many different countries, search this forum if you want proof.

CAD on a 32MB graphics card, on a 233MHz processor?

Sure, maybe in 7 days of rendering. My friend's laptop takes 1 day, and it has an 8600mGT and a 2.66GHz processor, dual core.

Again, anyone who's down there who doesn't look to the US for a current machine for the same price may as well be a fool.

dwellman

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2002
Hmm. . my second post disappeared. I edited my original reply for clarity.
Anyway, the processor module, if the pictures can be believed, looks similar to an MMC-1, but is more square, therefore, not guaranteed to be a real MMC-1. That said, the fastest you could possibly put is a 300Mhz Tillamook from a Extensa 503T or similar.

Look you might not agree with they way frozenlead said it, but he (or she) is correct: There's a point of diminishing returns when hardware gets to old to be worth the time, trouble or expense. I mean you ask our advice and we are both experience laptop refurbishers (well, I know I am :) ) I have been there done that more than a few times.

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched.

Incedentally, people will pay around $300 (including shipping) for a T23 (P-III-M (1.13 or 1.2 GHz), 256 or 512 PC 133, 20-40GB HDD, wireless, Windows 2000 or Windows XP) on the Ebay.