Mayor Swims With Sharks to Attact Google Fiber

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

d-block

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i'd much rather have the opportunity to get comcast than what i can get. the fastest where i live is 6/512, and that is at&t's fastest.

Gin Fushicho

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2009
Nope my city hasn't done anything , Utah doesn't like to have faster internet , because the internet is full of sinners....

I hate where I live, I really do.

shoelessinsight

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
'Cause I've got gigabit ethernet,
I've got a golden twinkle in my eye

I never had a chance to shine
Never a happy song to sing
But suddenly half the world is mine
What an amazing thing

'Cause I've got gigabit ethernet!

pojih

Distinguished
May 21, 2009
I am stuck with comcast or at&t at my current residence, three blocks from Michigan State University's campus.

Called verizon, didn't care how much I'd have to pay - of course it isn't offered in my area.

16/2 here is more than my parents pay for 50/(not sure upload) an hour's drive away

noiz

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
It's highly unlikely to see that happening in Europe, right? I mean the hole Google Fiber thing...

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I'd tattoo Google on my ass for gigabit fibre.
Or move to Japan. Last I checked, as long as you live in the right area, gigabit up/down for ~$60/month. I'd have a RAID10 setup just so my storage medium isn't the bottleneck.
Guess I'll just stick to paying $50/month for 15/1 net. =(

G

I live in Duluth, so yes we want it! Really hope we get it, it would open up a ton of jobs that we are in desperate need of.

G

It's difficult to choose a community for the Google Fiber project when zany stunts are involved.

To make Google's decision easier, we launched a fun city-selection tool that lets you rank your top 5 choices for Google Fiber (Topeka, Sarasota and Duluth are in the running!). Go to vote at http://zoomprospector.com/googlefiber. While this quiz is for fun and selects communities that have performed some of the funniest promotions, the data is all real.

If you have any questions, please contact us at:
marketing@gisplanning.com, GIS Planning Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.