McAfee LiveSafe 2014 Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrudy

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2004
This has nothing to do with the quality of the AntiVirus software in the reviews here.I wonder if I'll ever get over the fact that John McAfee is such a loose cannon that I would pony up the $$$ for any of his branded products. Yes I know that he has nothing to do with the software company, currently owned by Intel that bears his name.

Meezer

Estimable
Apr 8, 2014
Noting eSet doesn't pay anyone for reviews, I'll stick with NOD32 which hasn't failed our folks in over a decade.

texicali

Estimable
Mar 14, 2015
I got my new laptop 2 days ago that came with this software preinstalled. I was downloading an app from a "safe" site & I got 2 different hits of Artemis. I could not find anything usable in their documentation other than restore/delete options from quarantine. I deleted both then ran a full scan on my then 1 day old laptop. The Artemis was still found during the full scan so I again went to quarantine to delete it. I have no idea if any remnants of Artemis remains on my new laptop. I haven't purchased this software yet as I get a 30 day free trial with my new laptop. I find it appalling that this internet security package was completely set up correctly to protect my laptop yet it failed so completely. I'm now looking a new internet security package that does NOT let trojan/virus get downloaded to my laptop. I'm also looking to find something I can download to triple check my laptop to make sure any infection from Artemis is gone. I wouldn't buy this product or recommend it to anyone. This is the 2nd time in 20 years I've gotten infected online when I had protection. Last time the only thing that totally removed the trojan/virus I managed to get was VIPRE. I spent an entire weekend the first time trying to get rid of it nothing worked but VIPRE. That laptop also had McAfee Internet Security preinstalled. So I will NEVER bother with McAfee again. They're just not reliable or safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.