McAfee Mobile Security (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinks

Estimable
Jun 21, 2014
So I got this phone Sony Xperia V.., got one year Mcafee subscription .. was happy about it.. updated the app… cooler theme.. stylish.. superb.. so I take it to a test run.. locks my phone.. perfect.. beautiful lockscreen.. awesome .. so I plan to finish the test.. because notification sounds were ringing… just wanted to check who texted me.. aaaaand voila…… THE STUPID APP DOESNOT PERMIT ME TO PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON BECAUSE THE KEYBOARD CAN’T BE PULLED DOWN WHICH IS BECAUSE THE APP PREVENTED THE OTHER ONSCREEN BUTTONS LIKE HOME AND BACK..

so.., naturally I contacted the customer care.. and she kept asking me lots of questions and finally tells me to press the forgot pin button(but I knew the pin) .. so ok.. whatever.. I press the button.. receives a mail.. and then she asks me to type in the new number… WHAT??? I just told her I can type but can’t PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON then WHY THE HELL IS SHE ASKING ME TO TYPE NUMBER AGAIN…?? OK.. so I take my time and try to convince her about my problem and then she DISCONNECTS…

so., the solution for the above problem..?? {{just in case anybody asks you.. (you can take the credit)}} boot into safe mode.. in xperia v .. switch off the phone somehow.. because the app prevents that too..(perfect isn’t it?? I am so (what’s that word? excited..?)ok.., I am so excited about the way programmers at mcafee think) so., where were we..? aa..,switched off.. ok.., so I removed my battery.. waited a few seconds(else phone will simply restart).. Press and hold volume down and power button for a long time even after the logo is displayed.. once booted up.., deactivate Mcafee device administrator and then uninstall the app.. you might want to rethink about installing it again..

Sent from Windows Mail

chimcham

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM! I CANNOT PRESS THE UNLOCK BUTTON BECAUSE THE KEYBOARD WON'T GO DOWN. PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT TO DO WITH IT. MINE IS ALSO XPERIA V.

Status
Not open for further replies.