Meanings of options - Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
While trying to use Photoshop, during program launch, I saw a message that stated “The monitor profile (LCD color management and conversion) appears to be defective. Please re-run your monitor profile”

Below the message are two options - 1) IGNORE PROFILE or 2) USE ANYWAY

I understand monitor color profiles and their calibration, and this particular monitor needs to be calibrated.

My question is: What are the differences between “Ignore Profile” and “Use Anyway”?

Thank you for your replies.

Solution
I would go with use anyway as long as the color depiction on your monitor is accurate
use anyway will go with the colors set the way you are used to
ignore profile will use a default color standard that might not match up to what your monitor is set to
if you either calibrate your monitor or reset the monitor back to factory defaults
that would eliminate the issue I believe
but if you like the way your monitor is set for color then go with use anyway
it is really about how it looks to you generally
of course if the profile is way off
for example your blue has too much green it
then it can affect how your final product will look to somebody else on a different computer or in a printout
easiest thing to do is just set the monitor back to...

king smp

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I would go with use anyway as long as the color depiction on your monitor is accurate
use anyway will go with the colors set the way you are used to
ignore profile will use a default color standard that might not match up to what your monitor is set to
if you either calibrate your monitor or reset the monitor back to factory defaults
that would eliminate the issue I believe
but if you like the way your monitor is set for color then go with use anyway
it is really about how it looks to you generally
of course if the profile is way off
for example your blue has too much green it
then it can affect how your final product will look to somebody else on a different computer or in a printout
easiest thing to do is just set the monitor back to default settings and go from there

Solution

king smp

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
thank you Ubrales for selecting me as Best Answer
not sure I deserve it though
I am not a Photoshop expert or profesional
I wish you have waited and we got a real pro on here hopefully
I hope my advice works out well for you

Thanks King! You gave me meaningful information! I stop at the first right (and best) answer!

I gave my boss a similar reply when I hired the first (and fully qualified) candidate I interviewed for a Maintenance Engineer's position. He agreed with my view and my decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.