Mentions of a PlayStation Portable 2 Appear Online

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]to make this wildly successful... have a build in torrent app.[/citation]
Explain to me what useful legal purpose that would serve.

[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]somehow make power consumption more efficient. include the latest display technology, maybe Super AMOLED, or whatever is out by then. Make the thing 3d out the box. Use an SSD with at least 12gb. Also allow expandable memory. Include a built in webcam/mic for online gaming, online chatting, skype, aim, etc. I'm already drooling just thinking about something like this...[/citation]

While they're at it, why don't they just magically make all my dreams come true?

the associate

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2008
A minihdmi slot would be cool, to output to a larger screen for fun when playing at home.
Improving battery duration, 10 hour battery life would be asking to much I guess, but the bomb for real, as opposed to just beefing up the power and keeping battery life on par which has been the deal with laptops for far to long...
Why can't eneloop make killer batteries for things like this??? PSP, DS/DSi/DSiXL, a smart charger to go along with it would be a plus :) (yea yea im dreaming)

Other than that, the rest can be a surprise

G

While the PSP1 played PS1 games the PSP2 should play PS2 games.
Instead of UMD have 2 memory stick slots, 1 for OS and user and the other for games/software and user files.

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Explain to me what useful legal purpose that would serve.While they're at it, why don't they just magically make all my dreams come true?[/citation]
Torrents aren't illegal, you can share anything across them, not just pirated materials. And don't claim what 'most people' do, since most of us also use our laptops, PCs, TVs, bedrooms/living rooms, phones to do 'illegal things' already, yet they still exist.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Just so you are aware Tom's, the pic you are using was leaked over a year ago as an artist rendering of the PSP go.

Well done on being current !

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Clintonio[/nom]Torrents aren't illegal, you can share anything across them, not just pirated materials. And don't claim what 'most people' do, since most of us also use our laptops, PCs, TVs, bedrooms/living rooms, phones to do 'illegal things' already, yet they still exist.[/citation]
I understand that. I torrented the Arch ISO I used to install my Operating System. But what purpose does it have on a portable gaming device? I just can't conceive why you'd need a torrent client on something like that. What would you be downloading that would only be accessible by a torrent?

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
[citation][nom]Amiga73[/nom]While the PSP1 played PS1 games the PSP2 should play PS2 games.Instead of UMD have 2 memory stick slots, 1 for OS and user and the other for games/software and user files.[/citation]

I really hope you are trolling. While the PS1 can be emulated at 100% on just about any computer built this century with a 3D card. the PS2 does not enjoy anywhere near the kind of emulation success on the most modern of high end systems. Don't you think Sony would have implemented PS2 emulation into the PS3 first?

G

Not while PS2 slims can still be had for $89 off the shelf in this country.

They would make more money on the lesser hardware and games than having software emulation on later model PS3s.
For those below a decent wage and still only have SD TVs in their place they wouldnt see any significant difference between the 2 versions being played on their PS3 and would opt for the PS2 cheaper version of the game everytime. Sony would then lose out on their subsidy for selling the PS3 cheaply.

xrodney

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2006
Controls doesn't looks like hand friendly, other then that could be interesting but I will probably still prefer PS3/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.