Microlab speakers connected to TV - low sound

kaboom1

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
Hello,

I had just recently bought Microlab Solo 7c and I connected them to my Samsung ku6000 via rca -> digital to analog outputter toslink optical cable -> TV

The problem is that the volume is pretty low.
For it to be audiable the speaker volume needs to be at 30. The max is 60.
Heres the funny part: When I play music through my PS4 on spotify, the sound is two times louder.
Is there a way to make my TV on other sources sound as loud? I feel like the speakers are not reaching their full potential.

Pictures of my setup

http://imgur.com/a/8bEbL

Also after they have been off for a while my speakers do not produce any sound at all through my TV, what could be the problem? This occurs when the TV and speakers have been off for a while. Note that the digital to analog outputter is USB powered and connected to my tv. Maybe it has to do something with that.

Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
Alright that makes sense.
Thank you for the recommendation on the booster, I will look in to that.

To get the sound back I mess around with the TV audio settings. Switching between "TV speaker" and "Optical out" options. And sometimes it requires turning the TV on and off a bunch of times too.
The TV optical output is not off the light is red for on.
The DAC is usb powered and what I am guessing is that it is not getting enough power from the TV usb source to give me audio. If that makes sense.
I have since connected the usb to another source and after the TV being off for 20 minutes everything switches on perfectly.
But this problem usually occurs after its been switched off all night. So if it does not work tomorrow, I will...
It's not unusual for different sources to have different outputs. So long as the speakers can play loud enough the volume setting isn't important. You are still getting all the sound you can. If it's not loud enough you can boost the output of the DAC with one of these
https://www.amazon.com/TC-780LC-Stereo-Booster-BLACK-VERSION/dp/B000RZXAHI
What your do to get the sound back after the TV and speakers have been off for a while would tell you where the problem is.
Is the TV optical output off?
Try connecting the DAC to a power supply not the TV.
You can leave the speakers on if you can't fix it another way. It's fine to do this.

kaboom1

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
Alright that makes sense.
Thank you for the recommendation on the booster, I will look in to that.

To get the sound back I mess around with the TV audio settings. Switching between "TV speaker" and "Optical out" options. And sometimes it requires turning the TV on and off a bunch of times too.
The TV optical output is not off the light is red for on.
The DAC is usb powered and what I am guessing is that it is not getting enough power from the TV usb source to give me audio. If that makes sense.
I have since connected the usb to another source and after the TV being off for 20 minutes everything switches on perfectly.
But this problem usually occurs after its been switched off all night. So if it does not work tomorrow, I will plug it straight to the socket.
I have also left the speakers on overnight and when I turn on the TV it
still does not produce sound. Which just makes me lean even more towards this being the TVs USB fault.

Solution