Microphone and game problems

GoldenPenguin

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015
I recently upgraded from a RX-480 to a GTX 1080 and ever since I switched when I run a game and am in discord, usually when I join a game from lobby it stops working, only way to make it work again is leave the discord call and rejoin and it'll work unless the game is open. It does this on multiple games, I thought it was only associated with PUBG but it recently did it to Escape from Tarkov. It will work perfectly fine when I'm not in a game, and usually it'll work in lobby until I join a game. I reinstalled discord, I've unchecked "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" as well, I've reinstalled my microphone driver too. Not sure what to do now, I've never had audio problems and this is extremely frustrating. EDIT- I just now uninstalled the realtek audio and downloaded the latest audio driver from ASUS to no avail.

GoldenPenguin

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015

I did not, will try and report back. I just uninstalled all AMD related programs.

Edit- I uninstalled all the AMD drivers through DDU and the Nvidia drivers as well as reinstalled them, however I haven't experienced the problem on any other games except pubg so far.

Edit 2- The problem is still happening in all games unfortunately.

Vic 40

Honorable
Herald
Oct 22, 2013
What if you use the basic driver in windows itself only?

When installing Nvidia drivers there is a lot that gets installed maybe not needed.Try a reinstall with only "drivers+HD audio+Physics" via the advanced option (uncheck the rest,might even try without "HD audio"),can also check a box there at the bottom to do a clean install,makes imo the use of DDU not necessary.

GoldenPenguin

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015
It seems to be my Hyperx cloud II's, my older razer headset works perfectly fine and doesn't have the problem. So do you think I should just RMA the headset to Kingston or do you believe it's a driver issue?

Vic 40

Honorable
Herald
Oct 22, 2013
You could go to the device manager when using the Hyperx cloud and right click it and remove it. Do a restart and see if it does better when reinstalled.

Strange coincidence if it broke after the gpu change.

GoldenPenguin

Estimable
Jul 19, 2015
Sorry for the wait but I RMA'd the headset and got the replacement back and still the same problem. It worked when I first plugged them in until the first restart with them plugged in and it installed the drivers and it has the same problem. I tried doing what you said and it keeps reinstalling the driver. When I just disable the driver it doesn't identify or recognize the headset now.