Microphone creating a high pitched noise

Juku80002

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Hello,

My microphone has started to create a high pitch noise. It doesn't stop no matter if the microphone is muted or not, although it does stop when I unplug the microphone. I do believe that the problem is not in the microphone itself, as when I plug it into my laptop, the high pitch noise is nowhere to be heard. I am using a headset, the microphone is not part of the headset itself. I have also tried to move cables away from audio cables with no success to getting rid of the noise.

What could I do to solve this issue?
Thanks

Solution
Found a solution to my problem after putting hours into it. The problem ended up to be the realtek audio driver downloaded from Asus (as I have an Asus z170 sabertooth mark 1). I simply uninstalled it and downloaded new Realtek audio drivers from Realtek's own site. The problem was immediately solved.

Juku80002

Estimable
Jul 30, 2015
Found a solution to my problem after putting hours into it. The problem ended up to be the realtek audio driver downloaded from Asus (as I have an Asus z170 sabertooth mark 1). I simply uninstalled it and downloaded new Realtek audio drivers from Realtek's own site. The problem was immediately solved.

Solution
May 21, 2019
Thank you so much, Juku80002! I was so frustrated by this same issue and spent much time trying to fix the issue. I updated my Realtek driver and the problem is now solved. Thanks so much!!!!