Microphone distortion fix!

Marshman220

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015
Hello,

I have been hearing a weird sound while trying to record my mic on audacity for my YouTube channel. It's sounds like a static sound or Distortion as you may call it. Not only that, it gets even louder depending on how many background apps or browsers are open. For example: My mic picks up a bigger distortion sound when I play a game, record it with software, and my mic with audacity at the same time. How can I get rid of the sounds, because my last PC never had this problem and I just switched about 2 weeks ago.

If there is a solution, please share it to me! Thanks!

Marshman220

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

Nope, same distance as always. I just reinstalled audio drivers but didn't restart PC yet, hopefully that'l work.

theunliked

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Hmm...I'm not sure whats going on. I actually have a somewhat similar problem. I have a tuning software installed on my computer and when my mic is close to my monitors, it picks up a 50hz sound. When I move it a bit farther away, my mic can't pick it up. I have a monitor that makes a light buzzing sound when I maximize a windows on it, and web browsers make it buzz louder than others for some reason. Thats my 10 cents. Can anyone else here shed some light on this?

Marshman220

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

The problem might be my headphones, I have turtle beaches and and I just cranked up the volume on the panel to the headphones and turned off mic and can still hear it. Really don't whats going on, and I am going to be heart broke if there is no fix.

theunliked

Estimable
Dec 3, 2014
Do you know where the sound is coming from? You can go to sound > recording to see how loud the sounds that the mic is picking up are. Move your mic around and see where its loudest. That could be a start.

Marshman220

Estimable
Jul 9, 2015

I actually found it and it appears the headphones are broken. Tried a backup pair of turtle beaches and the static is gong but I can hear it when both volume on my computer and the manual panel for the headset is up all the way.