Microphone for 2 people.

scorpmrat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Hello. I am looking for a microphone that would be good for two people to use at once for skyping while gaming. My Girlfriend and I frequently play league of legends with each other while on skype with others. Our computers are right next to each other so we like to use one microphone and only have one skype client up at once. This also means that we have the sound of skype/games coming through the speakers and not through a headset. I know next to nothing about microphones and was wondering if there was something in particular to look for so that we can both communicate with others, but also not have a microphone pick up audio from the games that we play and the others in a call. Thanks.

scorpmrat

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006

Ok thank you. I am aware of the yeti, though was trying not to spend that much. The snowball is more in the range I am willing to spend. I see that the snowball ice is Cardioid and the regular snowball can be either Cardioid or omni. I do not know if I need an omni setup for two people, but the most important thing is that it filters out the sound from my speakers(or just does not pick it up). Is that doable with these microphones?

SBennett13

Estimable
Jul 18, 2015

I believe that capture is directional, so it wont catch the speakers. Or you can set up a noisegate. If that doesn't work, you can always use like apple headphones from your pc or something cheap and similar to that.