Solved! Microphone just stopped working

fickobakic2003

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017
One day i was speaking on skype using my headset,like every day, nothing unusual happened but tomorrow i was unable to use my microphone.Laptop detects it but when i record something or listen under control panel (listen back to audio) it dont hear anything.
Now i am not stupid of course i thought it was the headphones that were the problem,but whichever headphones do i use they dont work.
After that i thought it was the problem in the port,but its not even the integrated mic in the laptop (that worked normally ever before)also doesnt work.
Its not skype,even other aplications doesnt pick up the sound, like Teamspeak, Fraps etc.

Thanks ahead! Filip

Solution
Try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Also make sure the mic isn't muted anywhere. Right click on your speaker icon in the task bar and choose "Open Volume Mixer".
Try the following...

1. Go to "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. Click the "Recording" tab.
4. Click on the device you are trying to fix.
5. Now click the "Configure" button and then click "Set up Microphone".
6. Once that is complete, click the "Properties" button.
7. When you are done with your changes, in "Properties", click "Apply" and then "OK".
8. Then click "OK", again, on the main "Sound window".

Also make sure the mic isn't muted anywhere. Right click on your speaker icon in the task bar and choose "Open Volume Mixer".

Solution