Question Microphone Volume Extremely Low

May 12, 2020
A few days ago, my Beats Solo3 mic was working just fine. It was plugged into the jack and everything was good. As of yesterday, the microphone has gotten so quiet that it only detects audio if i flick the microphone or i literally put it in my mouth. I thought it was a problem with my Beats, so I plugged in my Turtle Beach headset and same issue. I have my mic volume at 100% and boosted 30 DB, I have reinstalled my Realtek drivers, I have made it Do Nothing if there is background audio. This is very frustrating as I need this microphone for Zoom calls and communicating on games. None of the solutions I found on the internet are working, and it is even affecting my laptop's built-in speaker.

Specs:

ASUS FX505DT Laptop

Ryzen 5 3550h

GTX 1060

8GB single channel RAM

Aug 24, 2019
Reviving this thread as I'm having the same issue... Reinstalled my RealTek drivers, my microphone works fine on other devices (a pair of basic earbuds I got with my phone, which worked fine as a mic on my old laptop), volume and boost are maxed out, it's clearly picking up audio when I tap the microphone or speak really loudly I can hear myself back in Discord's test. I've also dug around for hours.

May 12, 2020
Reviving this thread as I'm having the same issue... Reinstalled my RealTek drivers, my microphone works fine on other devices (a pair of basic earbuds I got with my phone, which worked fine as a mic on my old laptop), volume and boost are maxed out, it's clearly picking up audio when I tap the microphone or speak really loudly I can hear myself back in Discord's test. I've also dug around for hours.
Ok, so I meant to post this but i found a solution. On Device Manager, go down to the Sound, video, and game controllers, right click the Realtek sound option (forget the exact name). Then click update drivers, choose to do it manually, then select the option that lets you see what drivers are already installed on your laptop. There should be the Realtek drivers and a set of drivers called High Definition Sound Device (or something similar). Download those drivers and restart, and it should fix the problem. I’m not sure if this is a temporary fix or not as I was streaming tonight on Twitch, and had to switch back to Realtek drivers after the problem returned, but this solution should help :)

Aug 24, 2019
Ok, so I meant to post this but i found a solution. On Device Manager, go down to the Sound, video, and game controllers, right click the Realtek sound option (forget the exact name). Then click update drivers, choose to do it manually, then select the option that lets you see what drivers are already installed on your laptop. There should be the Realtek drivers and a set of drivers called High Definition Sound Device (or something similar). Download those drivers and restart, and it should fix the problem. I’m not sure if this is a temporary fix or not as I was streaming tonight on Twitch, and had to switch back to Realtek drivers after the problem returned, but this solution should help :)

Unfortunately this didn't work for me :/ Thank you for the suggestion though!