Microsoft’s discless Xbox future is a slap in the face to everyone who loves physical media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 30, 2023
Why keep around a feature that almost nobody uses anymore for the few people to do? I'm sure there'll be some sort of external drive available for you people that need to have your discs. And before anybody comes whining about having to pay more money for that option, that's what EVERYBODY would have to do if it were kept as a feature on the machine. This way, just the people (oh so few people too) that need it will pay for it.

May 1, 2023

twlvtwlv totally respect your opinion. I am a collector. I still have games that go back to the OG Xbox that are backwards compatible. I like to have a console that can still run those games. Now Blue Ray that can be omitted from the new Xbox Console and if Microsoft want to charge a PREMIUM to those who still want to purchase the disc then do so. Is that now what we have now. The Series S and Series S Black outselling the Series X. Choices are good cause everyone gets what THEY want. You can live without the disc. That is GOOD for YOU. I like the discs and when the internet or online features not working I am okay with that I have a disc and still can play my games.​

Reactions: Ajax Slamgoody
Sep 26, 2023
I think a discless xbox would be great in the hopes that it allows for a better performance. I buy everything digital and is just way more convenient. I mean the same ppl complained about the audio jack being removed from smart phones and now there are adapters. But to remove it for no reason or not take of any advantage of the extra space would be stupid. Sorry if your still the one to buy phyaical discs, but we don't pay in checks anymore. We are heading to the digital era and I'm all for it!!

Reactions: CourtJustCourt
Sep 26, 2023
Why keep around a feature that almost nobody uses anymore for the few people to do? I'm sure there'll be some sort of external drive available for you people that need to have your discs. And before anybody comes whining about having to pay more money for that option, that's what EVERYBODY would have to do if it were kept as a feature on the machine. This way, just the people (oh so few people too) that need it will pay for it.

Almost nobody? You're completely out of touch. Plenty of us play backwards compatible games, let alone use the console as a 4k bluray player. For modern games digital is only superior for convenience. If your account gets hacked and your info changes, you're screwed. You get banned for a reason you can't appeal? You're screwed.

Sep 26, 2023
I think a discless xbox would be great in the hopes that it allows for a better performance. I buy everything digital and is just way more convenient. I mean the same ppl complained about the audio jack being removed from smart phones and now there are adapters. But to remove it for no reason or not take of any advantage of the extra space would be stupid. Sorry if your still the one to buy phyaical discs, but we don't pay in checks anymore. We are heading to the digital era and I'm all for it!!

Why would that allow for better performance? They're making the console slimmer in return. They're sacrificing the disc port for looks and that's it, it's still the same price. The increased performance is seperate.

Sep 26, 2023
Why would that allow for better performance? They're making the console slimmer in return. They're sacrificing the disc port for looks and that's it, it's still the same price. The increased performance is seperate.
Maybe better cooling or more USB ports, that is what I mean. I'm not taking about the graphics card or processor. I play backwards camptiable games digitally.

Reactions: CourtJustCourt
Sep 26, 2023
Well is it true the Xbox series x will play physical games offline? and if so, do you have to buy a certain year and model?
Yes it is true you can play games offline and are even backwards compatible. But as far as being rural, what games are you playing anyways with the dial up connection 🤣. All joke aside I know elon musk has created fast internet for an affordable price. I would recommend you look into it. It's perfect for rural areas. It's call starlink.

Sep 27, 2023
Yes it is true you can play games offline and are even backwards compatible. But as far as being rural, what games are you playing anyways with the dial up connection 🤣. All joke aside I know elon musk has created fast internet for an affordable price. I would recommend you look into it. It's perfect for rural areas. It's call starlink.
I'm playing with ps4 and have internet but my PS4 is not hooked up...I simply put the disc in like I did my 360 and play games...But I'm going to have to buy the Xbox series x simply because of Bethesda are my favorite games besides Rock Star. (will Xbox buy them next LOLOL) I think I borrowed my preachers' internet (mine is just Wi-Fi) and used the internet once to start my PS4...Is that what you have to do with Xbox series X? and I heard rumors that you had to buy a certain date (similar to buying a 360 after 2008, in order not to get the red ring of death) ...if so what date...a lot of questions but thank you for your responses.

Sep 7, 2023
Get over it and welcome to the future? Or should I say present? If some can't handle disc-less, how they gonna handle console-less when cloud gaming takes over? It's called progress folks and it's for the better. Give me the power of cloud computing, lower utility bills, noise, and heat in my home. No more hoping to be able to get one on release day because scalpers bought them all. And maybe a universal platform where devs can go independent without the headaches of console exclusivity. Everyone can be a dev and put out media, everyone can game anywhere at anytime on any platform without hardware limitations, A GAMING UTOPIA. I'll gladly take that over owning some plastic any day!

Sep 27, 2023
I also play EVERYTHING...currently I am playing the Crisis Trilogy and the North Koreans are kicking my butt LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.