Microsoft: $150 Kinect Pricetag a Placeholder

Status
Not open for further replies.

footsoldier

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2009
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]This will fail. The PS3 will be better and still free online play or for a few more bucks I would just grab a black Wii.[/citation]

and with wii, u have to get those extra accessories which end up costing more than xbox itself. for me, i think kinect is revolutionary..although i didn't own any consoles.

goldeknob

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2010
lol ya enjoy the lagtastic fun of the PSN, I have a ps3 I know how horrible it is. I'll play in the lag free $3 a month xbox live gold. (due to buying gold for $35)

aletoil

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Well, in the last decade, Duke Nukem Forever release dates have taught me not to trust these kinds of things. You get your feelings hurt.

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
[citation][nom]Goldeknob[/nom]lol ya enjoy the lagtastic fun of the PSN, I have a ps3 I know how horrible it is. I'll play in the lag free $3 a month xbox live gold. (due to buying gold for $35)[/citation]

The PS3's online is not bad as long as you use wired. Xbox Live is better, but still lags on popular games. Then again everything lags on popular games.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
If they're really just trying to gauge consumer reaction on price, and also trying to bring the manufacturing price down, then kudos to you Microsoft. You're slowly learning Macintosh's secret - marketing.

stromm

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004
[citation][nom]regulas[/nom]This will fail. The PS3 will be better and still free online play or for a few more bucks I would just grab a black Wii.[/citation]
Fanboys should do some research before spouting drivel. It's already been announced that the PS3's Motion+ will need the PAY-FOR service which is $50/year.

And as some who owns a Wii (bought it that first December), it's not all it's said to be. I think the last time I played it was 8 months ago. It just sits on top of my TV looking pretty.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
They are just getting a feel for the market. If everyone buys it at 150$, they might leave it there or lower it a bit depending on how strong the pre-sales are doing.

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
[citation][nom]stromm[/nom]And as some who owns a Wii (bought it that first December), it's not all it's said to be. I think the last time I played it was 8 months ago. It just sits on top of my TV looking pretty.[/citation]
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't. I honestly wonder how people even see that as any form of objective argument against any console.

I'd hazard a guess that you'd likely not make much use of Kintect or Move, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.