Microsoft Announces New Xbox 360 Kinect Bundle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
[citation][nom]haramir[/nom]I got my xbox 360 shortly after launch. Just before the 3 year mark, it red-ringed and I was able to get it repaired under their "Oops we messed up on this design" extended warranty. Now, it looks like it may be on its death bead once more so the thought of a package deal is becoming more appealing. I've already plopped down some money on pre-ordering a Kinect at a local Gamestop... but perhaps I should upgrade the pre-order to include a new 360 bundle as well?[/citation]

Your 2nd Xbox is on its way out and your thinking of buying another one? For wha? So that can go out too? Just buy a PS, its a better investment, and thats not fanboyism at all, just saying teh truth.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]Glacier[/nom]I will never buy Kinect! NEVER![/citation]
Ever played it?
when it's on show in the mall with besuited boothbabes will you give it a fair try?

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]simple11[/nom]Your 2nd Xbox is on its way out and your thinking of buying another one? For wha? So that can go out too? Just buy a PS, its a better investment, and thats not fanboyism at all, just saying teh truth.[/citation]

I own the Xbox360, the PS3 and the Wii. I use the Wii for casual gaming, the Xbox360 for more serious gaming, the PS3 is basically being used as a blu-ray player and media player. I only use it as a console to only play games that are exclusive to the PS3.

I always had a much pleasant experience with the xbox360 than with the ps3, specially when playing online games. Despite the Xbox360 was released much earlier than the ps3, the ps3 still doesn't have cross game talking, and it's one of the features that's been requested countless times by gamers but sony ignores it. The way we contact/manage friends is way better on the Xbox than on the ps3. Then there's the playstation store, there's a huge discrepancy in the number of items available in each country. In my country for example they still haven't launched the Prince of Persia Prologue, where as in the xbox live store was available since it was launched internationally. And that is just to name one DLC because there are tons missing.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]shottymarq[/nom]I have two 360s and the first edition got red ringed but it was repaired by microsoft, and I am honestly dying to get my hands on the Kinect[/citation]
More like Diehard for you :p

v1zzle

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
I personnaly gave up consoles when I was introduced to the Pc world- 6 years ago..Especially with the new 3d vision glases, way cool...Hey I wonder if you'll ever be able to play console games 3d on your 3d t.v, that would make consoles even more attractive. Nuff said, Xbox is dead, outdated hardware

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]V1zzle[/nom]I personnaly gave up consoles when I was introduced to the Pc world- 6 years ago..Especially with the new 3d vision glases, way cool...Hey I wonder if you'll ever be able to play console games 3d on your 3d t.v, that would make consoles even more attractive. Nuff said, Xbox is dead, outdated hardware[/citation]

Agree with the PC remark, its pretty much at the forefront of technological advancement that gets trickled down to consoles a few years later. Don't agree with your stance on consoles, Xbox is far from dead, its still selling healthily and the new Kinect will only attract more of the casual "Wii" mindset consumers in the market. The same goes for PS3 and PSMove. Its really the Wii thats in trouble now because the only thing that they had over PS3 and Xbox is now being done BETTER than it by them both; lets hope this Nintendo "Jaw Dropping" product coming out in a year or two actually kicks ass to bring itself up to speed.

Still, PC is the best platform for games in my opinion, i have so much more fun on it than i do on console.

Status
Not open for further replies.