Microsoft Confirms March 14 Release Date for IE9

Status
Not open for further replies.

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
What I want to know is why the initial speed-dial-like page of the most frequented sites does not generate mini-preview of the sites. I just shows the site name and icon in a white box. Makes it's pretty obvious there should be a picture there. Pretty silly imo.

notanakin

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2008
[citation][nom]phexac[/nom]What I want to know is why the initial speed-dial-like page of the most frequented sites does not generate mini-preview of the sites. I just shows the site name and icon in a white box. Makes it's pretty obvious there should be a picture there. Pretty silly imo.[/citation]

Yes, didn't Opera have this feature more than five years ago? I loved that browser.... it was really cutting edge for its time - tabbed browsing! And it had a great "Paste and Go" right-click option for pasting a URL into the address bar.

scott_madison1

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
i quit using IE because of 8 and switched to firefox. which has a problem with facebook.

[citation][nom]footsoldier[/nom]Why no longer there are any thumbs up/thumbs down comments? ???[/citation]

its been broken for a while now, not sure whats up with it and why tom's wont fix it...

phexac

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
[citation][nom]notanakin[/nom]Yes, didn't Opera have this feature more than five years ago? I loved that browser.... it was really cutting edge for its time - tabbed browsing! And it had a great "Paste and Go" right-click option for pasting a URL into the address bar.[/citation]

Opera is a still a great browser. It's my main browser these days.

bourgeoisdude

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2005
[citation][nom]footsoldier[/nom]Why no longer there are any thumbs up/thumbs down comments? ???[/citation]

It's been semi-broken for a while now. I say semi-broken because, in least in my experience, rating works on the article page, but the thumbs only show up in the forum page. It's really a shame.

G

Great, now that's FOUR different ways of incorrectly rendering markup I have to test against! Yay!

G

I think that the web developers of the world need to form an alliance and refuse to do any testing of IE for their websites, just let the website render improperly or not work at all. I bet Microsoft will finally come up with a browser that doesn't do things "their way".

G

So technically it won't be released until midnight on the 14th on the East Coast. For those of us who don't plan on staying up late just to download a browser, that means it's really being released on the 15th. *burp*

Status
Not open for further replies.