Microsoft Could be Preparing a Digital Wallet Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
As much as these might be useful to some, I will never use them as I consider them to be nice access for hackers if they ever get hacked.

G

I want to know what we're going to do when this is the only way to buy and sell...

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]jwdR1[/nom]I want to know what we're going to do when this is the only way to buy and sell...[/citation]
You think paying in cash would go away? It cost businesses $$ per transaction for accepting card payments - cash will always be an option.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]Carrying credit/debit card is not pain in the a$$ as of now.[/citation]

Seriously? Carrying a credit card in your wallet is a pain in the ass? What about your driver's license? Health card? It's all a pain in the ass?

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Seriously? Carrying a credit card in your wallet is a pain in the ass? What about your driver's license? Health card? It's all a pain in the ass?[/citation]

You might want to read again what you've quote.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]lockhrt999[/nom]You might want to read again what you've quote.[/citation]

I think you should. As of now with the implication on now being NFC.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]You think paying in cash would go away? It cost businesses $$ per transaction for accepting card payments - cash will always be an option.[/citation]
It also costs business to store cash in a secure location onsite, have it collected in armoured cars and higher insurance premiums due to robberies. In a shop where no cash exists all those overheads would disappear.
Oh, and NFC is already here, my bank card has it for transactions under £15, very good for the drivethru at McDonalds, what difference would it make if the NFC was built into, for example, a smartphone instead of plastic card?

coldtortilla

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
This would make sense because their new windows phone 8 will support NFC so this is their next step in order to take advantage of it, because what other uses are there for NFC?

fatality1515

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Digital wallet.. pffff think of the consequences if we will have one day electronic wallet only, government - corporations can track all your financial transactions, your income, life style.. No thank you.. Especially when Microsh!t is involved, they stole a fortune from people through their sick business practices.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fatality1515[/nom]Digital wallet.. pffff think of the consequences if we will have one day electronic wallet only, government - corporations can track all your financial transactions, your income, life style.. No thank you.. Especially when Microsh!t is involved, they stole a fortune from people through their sick business practices.[/citation]
Unless you live like John Connor all that stuff is already out there, credit cards, cash machines, shopping loyaly points, buying anything online, buying anything with cash in a shop with a security camera, buying anything over the telephone, cab rides with security cameras, walking into a shop with a security camera outside, buying gas
Depending on how big your tin foil hat is you are already being spied on by 50 different organisations from the FBI to Mossad to the Illuminati
And as far as not trusting Microsoft, let's just trust the banks instead shall we?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_U.S._bank_failures
Anyone here ever bank with Washington Mutual? Hows that warm fuzzy feeling thinking that Microsoft could do a better job - hell even the Smurfs could do better job, at least when they tanked they didn't sink $307 billion down the toilet.

fatality1515

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
@back_by_demand

1. First of all I don't live in a spy perverted country like the US and Britain, therefore no need for paranoia.

2. There is a HUGE difference between ALL and SOME electronic transactions. If you fail to comprehend that, you need to get your head out of Justin Bieber's arse.

3. Your list of "largest U.S. bank failures" hardly encompasses the world's banking system. It just points out your US-centirc, narrow minded view of the world. Microsoft could do a better job? They steal from people all the time, every single day, through their sick business practices and through their monopoly. If you're not aware of this, I suggest you stop watching Smurfs and Terminator movies, read a little bit, you might learn something.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]fatality1515[/nom]1. First of all I don't live in a spy perverted country like the US and Britain, therefore no need for paranoia.
2. There is a HUGE difference between ALL and SOME electronic transactions. If you fail to comprehend that, you need to get your head out of Justin Bieber's arse
3. Your list of "largest U.S. bank failures" hardly encompasses the world's banking system. It just points out your US-centirc, narrow minded view of the world. Microsoft could do a better job? They steal from people all the time, every single day, through their sick business practices and through their monopoly. If you're not aware of this, I suggest you stop watching Smurfs and Terminator movies, read a little bit, you might learn something.[/citation]
Firstly, this is a US site so to assume that you are american makes sense, and word to the wise, if you live outside the US or the UK, you are still sped on, only likely spied on by our intelligence services as well as your own.

I never said that all transactions are monitored, but the fact that all the named method of tracking exist means you would have a hard task of remaining hidden if someone wanted to find you, the world we live in is the most overtly monitored in history.

Thirdly, I listed US banks because I wrongly assumed you were American, after your rant about business practices how about you tell me what country you are from and i'll see if I can dig up some information on the net about how fantastic your country is, assuming the Ayatollahs / Warlords / Party Chairmen alow that sort of thing.

Lastly, chill out, I wouldn't want you to get upset and drive a truck full of TNT into an embassy because some decadent Westerner pissed you off.

Status
Not open for further replies.