Microsoft Cuts Down Spam By 90 Percent

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techseven

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2009
Email should alwas be free, but to fight spam - a $0.001 fee pr/email is enough to do away with the big-time spammers, because they are spamming in millions... email would still be virtually free for the masses.

G

Wow, if it weren't for Microsoft, there would be 18 more etailer spam messages in this comment thread. Good job, MS!

G

Toms Spam Attack!
Run for a better site that doesn't torture it's visitors!

squallypie

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
what is so tough is just scrolling down a little? I just ignore these spams quickly and scroll down.

About Microsoft and Spam, its a pain to make company newsletters dont end up in Junk after going through Microsoft's Smart Filter ( not so smart! ). No wonder they are able to reduce spam. But Nigerian and Kenyan bankers always find a way around... they send images of the text they want us to read, attached to the email these days, therefore dodging the spam filters. i've seen a few now in my mailbox. Not that its bad.. its actually hilarious.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]TunaSoda[/nom]People still use hotmail? lol[/citation]
Well they say Hotmail but Live mail is basically the same thing, except better, and they don't scan your emails for keywords so they can sell you penis pills, like Gmail.

mayne92

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Well they say Hotmail but Live mail is basically the same thing, except better, and they don't scan your emails for keywords so they can sell you penis pills, like Gmail.[/citation]
Hotmail/Live spam filtering just plan sucks - always has. If gmail is scanning your emails for keywords so to sell you penis pills...what kind of shady shit you have/do with your gmail account? Very interesting argument you have there.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
damn and here my first thought was they shut down hotmail. that would be a much better solution to just shotdown free email

kittle

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2005
too little, too late.

been using Gmail for 5years now, sometimes useful messages go in the spam box, but very seldom do I get spam in my inbox.
Before that i actually had my own spam filter setup and got very little spam.

Rab1d-BDGR

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2009
I have had surprisingly little spam sent to an account managed over outlook live. I'm not a big fan of that email service but they've been beyond reproach when it comes to spam.

Status
Not open for further replies.