Microsoft Ending Support for Original Xbox Live

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Wait till the Crapbox 3 comes out and you 360 fan boys get dumped several years later, your $1,000 plus investment (Console or 2 and all the games) is gone for online play. If you say it won't happen you are in denial.Another reason to not trust MS or any of these online services. One reason PC gamers are pissed about COD MW2 and no dedicated servers and Starcraft 2 and have to use their servers. This crap happens all the time. Wait till one day Steam goes tits up. They won't give a flying rats ass about you either.I stick with a PC for main gaming.[/citation]

... Okay, I'm a PC gamer, and you're an idiot. You've never heard of a company discontinuing its servers? Especially for MMOs?

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]... Okay, I'm a PC gamer, and you're an idiot. You've never heard of a company discontinuing its servers? Especially for MMOs?[/citation]
I'm talking playing online without special servers you idiot fanboy or services like Crapbox Live.

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
If - I mean when - this happens for the 360, alot of games will be rendered useless. Think about Call of Duty 4, 5, or MW2 without any online component.....

CptDave

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
Hmmm, well the crapbox 360 is now 5 years old, so using the logic of some of the guys here ...wow you've got a whole 2 years until your support ends... can't beleive how good microsoft are to you guys.. imagine supporting something for 7 years wow.

CptDave

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
Hmmm, well the crapbox 360 is now 5 years old, so using the logic of some of the guys here ...wow you've got a whole 2 years until your support ends... can't beleive how good microsoft are to you guys.. imagine supporting something for 7 years wow.

fafner

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]+1. If I had a yard full of wieners I wouldn't even let her look over the wall. And I'm a GIRL.[/citation]

Trolling on your own site? You are funny.

trowsersnake

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Running servers takes money...this is a business decision by MS. MS doesn't run Xbox Live servers out of the goodness of their corporate hearts. I've played some ancient and unpopular games like BF2142 on a free demo server. Chopper Girl's Airwar anyone? This was after playing the total POS COD:MWF. Man I hate that game so much, what a dissappointment. Anyway if you want to play ancient games like quake 1, buy a pc and the host for all you other troglodytes still playing.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
Wow, I never realized that it's one of the downsides of using a special network for gaming. Internet play cannot be disconnected, but if you depend on a company's servers, your time is limited! I'd hate to see the day Sony does the same to us with PS3's... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.