Microsoft Faces Additional Patent Lawsuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
This isn't the first time EMG has filed a suit of this nature: the company made similar accusations with Apple in a previously filed suit.
And what happened to that lawsuit, did Apple wimp-out and settle? There's no way to can patent "viewing Internet content on a mobile device". What exactly did they patent, a particular device, a mobile web browser, what?

chuckdalton

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
I will file a law suit to, as I patented the use of hands to use a keyboard which Microsoft use to enter data into their OS.

Have they no shame??!! :)

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
Make that three additional lawsuits as I just sued Microsoft yesterday for infringing my patent of making mice with more than one button.

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I think the current patent system needs a severe overhaul.
A way to still protect the inventor/propriater of the technology while not turning them into sue happy rapscallions.

Core2uu

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2009
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]And what happened to that lawsuit, did Apple wimp-out and settle? There's no way to can patent "viewing Internet content on a mobile device". What exactly did they patent, a particular device, a mobile web browser, what?[/citation]

No kidding. Like wtf... I'm gonna have to pay royalties to EMG every time I look at something on the internet on my cellphone... -_-'

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
The Pirate Party is seeking ways to abolish patent and copyright systems as they hinder development, but they too will come to their senses and look for ways to decrease the extend of patents to rightful gain for the inventor and free for all after that, else the small inventors don't get a chance; and don't know what about copyright but 2 million dollars for 24 songs is way damn wrong and just extend the Pirate Party to peoples vote reach and you'll see how people react!!!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/beamforming-wifi-ruckus,2390.html
Excellent article, and good use of patents, but at the expense of development.
Patent trolls are the worst!!
Patents should be given limited execution/validity time, variable depending on who invented the thing (MS for example should be given less time than MrUnknownSoftwareMaker) and time should change/shorten if the inventor sells it to the big guy, and if the inventors does want to develop, they have enough time to be a recognized brand until competition kicks in with the end of the patent.
Patents this way would be limited in total number and easily searchable by function. Current patent system has loads of useless crap patented and people feel free to sue for partial infringements all the time.

puddleglum

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2008
[citation][nom]Core2uu[/nom]Make that three additional lawsuits as I just sued Microsoft yesterday for infringing my patent of making mice with more than one button.[/citation]
Commodore/Amiga orginally had the patent on the two button mouse. That went to Gateway and to who ever owns them now. Don't know if there is a patent on the three button moouse that was used on Unix system. I think microsoft's patent is on the wheel mouse.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Is that why Sony took right of patern about recognition of emotions and gestures? To sue MS big time with their Natal when they bring it out to the public even if MS demoed it way before Sony paterns it into legal form?

lol wtf is up with those patern lawsuits? I meen, there has to be a law to counterattack failed lawsuits SPECIALLY against patern ones so they will think twice before they fill one up :p

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
It just came to me that people in the Legal community (attorneys and judges) use WordPerfect a lot, so it's easy for the judge to dismiss Word. If it actually negatively effected his job, he might have to recuse himself from the case or think otherwise about his ruling.

davisorle

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]ethanolson[/nom]It just came to me that people in the Legal community (attorneys and judges) use WordPerfect a lot, so it's easy for the judge to dismiss Word. If it actually negatively effected his job, he might have to recuse himself from the case or think otherwise about his ruling.[/citation]

I +1ed you cause thats so true. My ex in CA was working for her uncle who's a lawyer. I learned two things about him. 1st he does lots and lots of drugs and 2 he uses WordPerfect ( found that out when I had to take care of the PCs in their offices etc.. )

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
I patented cellular mitosis and the process of exchanging oxygen for carbon-dioxide in a cell. But I have yet to collect for every living being on the planet infringing on my IP!

Status
Not open for further replies.