Microsoft Fixes Critical Internet Explorer Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

iogbrideau

Estimable
May 28, 2014
Seems to me every update tuesday has patches of this style for a bug that could get admin control. As said in the article, it involves the user, as usual. Nothing new here. Move along.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
Wait so Internet Explorer is broken again? ;) Almost makes me want to stop using XP except for the fact Firefox fixes like 90% of it's security risk problems. I'd rather support Mozilla than Microsoft.

das_stig

Distinguished
You can guarantee if the flaw is that bad, Microsuck will be patching and sending out to corporates who have that expenses extended support contract ... see if they start leaking out in to the wild !

iogbrideau

Estimable
May 28, 2014
I can't see the point in not fixing IE for XP. The flaws were there long before Microsoft stopped releasing the (mostly useless) "security" updates for XP, and the browser should be seen by the company as an independent entity than the OS.
If the browser had been seen as a different entity all along, they would've stopped pushing updates years ago for that version. They're now at version 11 and most browser companies usually only update up to 2 versions behind. Then again if it was a different entity they probably would've made a version of IE 11 compatible with Windows XP.

ApkSoft

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014
Thank you for this wonderful subject who advised me a lot

<a href="http://www.apk-soft.com">best games for android</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.