Microsoft Gives Out 90,000 Free Phones to Staff

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'm curious to see how Microsoft attempts to merge the mobile business model with the consumer social networking all into one platform. RIM is trying this a little more with 6.0, but they don't want to lose their business clients that make up the majority of their profits. I don't think Microsoft has anything to lose. Let the reviews roll in :).

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
[citation][nom]CraigFranchuk[/nom]I don't work for Microsoft... but I will take one too. I will even report any bugs found.. Beta testers?[/citation]
If you're using Windows OS on your peecee, you are already an MS beta tester. lol.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Good gesture. I'd like to try out that win7 mobile phone. I have an old windows mobile sitting here it is rather nice. touch screen and keyboard on it.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
A good bug ironing technique, and possibly a nice morale raiser. Maybe if Apple did the same with the iPhone 4, all their employees would stop committing suicide, or perhaps try and ring a hotline but get their call cut off because "they held it wrong".

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]zorky9[/nom]wow! sure is a good way of testing a device. real-world use by real people.too bad for the thousands laid off last week.[/citation]

Nobody got laid off. It's review time and MSFT makes quick work of the bottom 10% every year. Nothing new this year.

gogogadgetliver

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
[citation][nom]war2k9[/nom]Microsoft just following google. When google put their nexus one phone they give it out to all their employees.[/citation]

Oh yes... this was totally Googles idea. Not like when msft gave everyone a free Zune 8GB before Google...cuz you know that was different. Besides I'm sure no company has EVER given their employees products before... especially not MSFT... the copys of Office, Server, and Windows they give out to *every* employee at *every* release are just.... imaginary.

Genius.

Status
Not open for further replies.