Microsoft May Show Body Scan Kinect At E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

macewrox

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2011
Step 1. Find actor of prefrence.
Step 2. Dress up as said actor.
Step 3. Print out face of actor, cut it out and tape to head.
Step 4. Pack crotch area of pants full of tissue paper.
Step 5. Scan self.
Step 6. ???
Step 7. Profit.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
MS OSs are co-authored with the NSA so it will body scan you with full facial recognition then upload it to Fraulein Janet Napolitano, "Sieg Heil", her gestapo goons, aka TSA agents will soon be at your local Mall.

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
I tried the Kinect recently for the first time and I have to admit I was really impressed at the precision and fluidity. I was skeptical at first, thinking it would be as gimmicky the Wii is, but with no remote, which was even worse. It turns out to be a genuinely good product, despite the hardware "specs" being very low (sensors, cpu). I dare say a more powerful version could be mind-blowing.

Regardless, it's still a niche product that won't attract to hardcore gamers.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]zak_mckraken[/nom].Regardless, it's still a niche product that won't attract to hardcore gamers.[/citation]
Regardless, it's still a niche product that won't attract to hardcore couch potatoes.

G

I think that a more powerful Kinect could be amazing for Windows 7/8. A HTPC could be a ton of fun if you could control it with nothing but your body. Imagine just pointing at whatever you wanted on the screen; using gestures as macros to control programs and video games; using a virtual keyboard by typing in the air and adding a speech to text function for emails and documents. Soon we'll all be talking to our own personal Jarvis.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
[citation][nom]pirateboy[/nom]would it scan boobs?[/citation]
lol
Lets hope so! I bet it can! I would love to scan my wifes boobs while she is still young! : )

jgalecio

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]dark_lord69[/nom]lolLets hope so! I bet it can! I would love to scan my wifes boobs while she is still young! : )[/citation]

LOL! My wife just slapped me for your remark ahahahaha!

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]Would being fat affect how well you performed in games?[/citation]It already does! Every time I stop to eat a slice of pizza, I lose points! But it's totally worth it. *nom nom nom*

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Arglebargle[/nom]Great, a full body image scan with even MORE lag...[/citation]Except that with better hardware in the Kinect and a new console (I doubt they'll release a second-gen Kinect quite this soon), it'll be faster and more accurate. But I won't be satisfied until it calls me "Dave" and refuses to open the pod bay door.

G

better put some digital clothes on too, don't want to see pedobears all over the network molesting us.

except for female boobs. they're permitted.

G

thats why they announced they dont want to sue the kinect box hacker...
nah/...
i just dont have any comment on this... they were swearing first to threat the hacker... now they put patent on the hackers idea...
well... america has freedom... they want do this, so they can...

Status
Not open for further replies.