Microsoft: No Plans to Sell Kinect and Xbox One Separately

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
I get it. MSFT wants games to include Kinect functions
but since the top titles are made by third party dev. how much extra effort are they going to put into kinect only features???

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
I think if xbox one sells well devs will try to incorporate features of the kinect like voice commands and such... though they will hopefully eb optional as they will be often developing the same games to work on multiple platforms and pc/ps4 will nto necessarily have kinect functionality. I have a kinect for my 360 and am not against it but then again my wife lieks dancing games so it works for her. I don't plan on buing the console btu who knows if they do more dance centrals on it i am sure i will end up with one for the wife and if there is some good extra gameplay mechanics great, if not then i will stick to pc gaming... which will probably happen anyway

computerguy72

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Kinect 2 has lots of uses. A lot of these comments I read before with the expensive multiaxis wiimote - it was $60 when the Wii was released and entire forums were dedicated to smashing them over not offering a Wii without that useless 'crap'. K2 has a lot more utility and supports everybody in the room. I think this has the potential to be a minority report type interface. But sure if $100 puts you in the poorhouse then there is always the PS4.

GnomeRogue

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
IMO they will sell an XBox One without the Kinect in the summer of next year at a lower price..
They are just telling people they will not so people don't wait to buy the expensive bundled packages when they are released earlier.

GnomeRogue

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
IMO they will sell an XBox One without the Kinect in the summer of next year at a lower price..
They are just telling people they will not so people don't wait to buy the expensive bundled packages when they are released earlier.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
The cost doesn't bother me. But I don't want an always on camera in my living room. I guess that I'm just a paranoid gun nut. So I won't be buying one. The PS4 looks promising though.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Those of you saying you want Kinect for voice commands. What the hell is wrong with you? You don't need Kinect for that. The headset with microphone or any microphone, that you already use to communicate with other players online, is enough for that. If you think differently then you've probably been scammed.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
you guys can hate, but this is an excellent long term strategy. sony will not be able to compete with their camera at all. no chance in hell.

theco0n

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
Long term this will be great. People are always scared of change and will bash it. Guess people just love to hate MFST and no body complained about the Wii having motion controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.