Microsoft: No Plans to Sell Kinect and Xbox One Separately

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
Microsoft basically is trying to say that Kinect will not be an option because they want game developers to develop games that use it, which they are much more likely to do because all the players will be guaranteed to have the Kinect hardware. However how the hell can that ever be the case (that everyone will have Kinect) if almost nobody has Kinect because almost everyone is going to buy the PlayStation 4 instead of the Xbox One because of Kinect.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
And I have no Plans to Buy Xbone with a Kinect in the Box, so no XB1 for me, Thanks MS. for allowing me the option to choose what i want and don't want. Your a Great listener, keep up the Great job. Maybe when you see your seriously trailing in sales you will do another 180, just saying!

nevilence

Honorable
May 8, 2012
wonder if the thing needs to be connected to the xbox for the xbox to function? if it doesnt then i cant see why it matters, but if you do....

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
the problem is not everyone has the large amount of room space to play on Kinect and lets face it there are certain games that a Kinect will never be good at first person shooter games and sports games like football basketball hockey where a controller is much more suitable for those style of games. I remember when madden was wii remote interactive and the motion sensor pretty much ruined the game on it. Some games work well with the Kinect that don't require a lot of multitasking like bowling, tennis etc.. but other games are def not. and what I like about the ps4 most of all is they aren't going to shove their sensor down peoples throats they are making it optional.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I think its the right thing to do for once. It's painful initially, but will be beneficial in the long run as developers don't have to worry about segregation of the experience and develop different interface to handle the same game or app.

someperson123

Honorable
Jul 11, 2013
I do not understand the major complaint about the Kinect. I understand the price complaint, but the Kinect is able to be shut down in various stages (Full On, Passive On, and Off). If you are still paranoid about it, then stuff it in a cubboard.

Microsoft is heavily invested into the Kinect, and is trying to encouage it to succeed. To be honest, it has some advantages and nice features, so I can see their desire to give it every chance to succeed.

Personally, however, I think that playing major game titles completely on Kinect is not going to happen any time soon. I would not want to at least. Voice commands are nice, but it's not ready for primetime as a full controller yet.

sean1357

Honorable
Nov 5, 2012
Thanks Microsoft. I go with PS4 this time. At least, I know I can watch Netflix for free on PS, instead on Xbox LIVE, you must have Xbox LIVE with cost me $59.... Bye MS

gallidorn

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Microsoft doesn't get it! Nobody wants Kinnect. Forcing customers to pay extra for a console that comes with Kinnect, shows Microsoft has no idea what gamers like and doesn't care about keeping customers happy. Profits have become more important than providing a solid console and gaming experience. They think watching TV is a breakthrough technology, or hand gesture gaming is the next level in gaming? REALLY!!! There is an easy way to show Microsoft that the majority of gamers are unhappy with their latest console offering. Just cancel all pre-orders, and don't purchase Xbox One at launch. Dismal sales figures will send a message they cannot ignore!!!

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
@nieur
Yes, they are pretty much eff-ed...

And with M$ having been caught paying for third party firms to troll comments and votes, I no longer wonder why such a genuine concern gets voted down.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
p.s. wow, it had been quite a long time since I last used M$ instead of MS, but, Xbone articles and MS generally lately do bring me back to that feeling...

Status
Not open for further replies.