Microsoft Now Owns 'Xbone' Domain Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoralman

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Wow. They seriously care that much about that nickname? It's not like people will stop using that word. Doesn't make sense to me that MS would spend money on that. Let's see how many haters (and non-haters) will try to find another nick in hopes of having MS buy them out. lol

10tacle

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2008
Microshaft can go F themselves. People have a right to mock the Xbone all day. It wasn't Sony that dropped the ball this past summer when stating that used games wouldn't be playable and you'll always need to be online to play games! It sure wasn't Sony that backtracked on those claims either! Suck it MS!

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
They named it X Box One. XBone is the most staggeringly obvious abbreviation. That it also happens to be a perverse joke is part and parcel to the actions of the company itself. Naming it Xbox One was a fairly stupid move for your third major console to begin with. At this point, just live with it. Complaining is only going to make things worse.

notsleep

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2010
it's so funny though. can you imagine someone saying to their friend? "come over and play with my xbone tonight."

i like single-player xbone.

you don't pay enough attention to me. all your attention is on your xbone.

:p

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
there is NOTHING wrong with back-peddling. anyone who says otherwise is a stubborn prick who isn't willing to admit they were wrong.

microsoft heard the cries and noticed the low pre-order rates, so they changed their policies. and now that all the annoying 14-yo pricks got what they wanted, they're still knocking on MS for back-peddling their policy? go jump off a cliff

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I have to agree that it is disrespectful, and I can see why Microsoft is angry about it, they worked hard on the Xbox One and to have some armchair quarterbacks ridiculing their efforts must really suck. That being said, the Playstation has had it's disrespectful nicknames over the years, the Playstation forever shall be know as the Gaystation by detractors.

Status
Not open for further replies.