Microsoft Offering $250K for Rustock Botnet Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
::yawn::

How about offering $250K for information leading to those constantly stealing Windows Live passwords, spamming their contacts with links and so forth.

ethanolson

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
It's stuff like this that makes me like Microsoft. They actually care about their industry enough to part with their money for its ongoing success. Everyone is helped by this.

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
i support microsoft in taking an active role in combating spams and botnets that will benefit a lot of people, not only microsoft customers.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
YAY, SPAM on Tom's... I wonder why they never remove these? Is anyone manning the ship or are you too busy posting old "news" and starting flame wars? I remember when this was one of the best tech blogs on the web! Le sigh

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]ethanolson[/nom]It's stuff like this that makes me like Microsoft. They actually care about their industry enough to part with their money for its ongoing success. Everyone is helped by this.[/citation]
microsoft only cared because it caused their servers to become full and they bought more storage and servers or contracted out what they needed for more money then the reward being offered is.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Think this varies actual of interest, given the thought of it all, to say that the efforts taken probably wouldnt cost about that amount of money is hard saying. Especially, probably asking alot of people on the idea of knowing little about it. But resourceful maybe, helpful , who knows.

ioa94

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2010
K-zon...was that real English? I mean, I read your message and everything, but I didn't understand any of it.

Arbie

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
I agree with several others: Microsoft is doing the right thing, and so are the law enforcement groups who are finally taking a hand in this.

Bot-net herders are the scum of the earth. They should be caught, tortured to give up their associates, and then shot.

Or (their choice) made to use numbered lists in Word.

G

Microsoft is cheap. The "MAX" payout is 250K! For that amount I bet they want you to turn in the entire group.

If they really wanted to see some action the reward would be in the millions. The problem would be solved in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.