Microsoft Officially Launches the Zune HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanin33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
if the Tegra processor delivers the performance made by the claims, maybe this will be a very nice PMP... but when have devices ever lived up to the hype?

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
"http://www.zune.net/en-us/products/zunehd/zunehd32/techspecs.htm"

"Battery
Music, up to 33 hours (wireless off); video, up to 8.5 hours2
Charge Time: Approximately 3 hours when connected to your PC; approximately 2 hours with A/C adapter"
NICE! Wondering the extra juice is because of the OLED screen, bigger battery, or that Nvidia's Tegra processor is more effiency? By the way... does Zune HD also use Li-polymer batter like iTouch/iPhone? Wondering how's the heat on the ZUne HD...

"Audio output:Analog Audio Out; Optical Digital Audio Out (requires additional dock, sold separately)
Video output:HDMI or Composite (requires additional dock, sold separately)"
Hmm.. does that mean we will need to pay extra money to actually make our ZuneHD "really" HD? Wondering how much is the dock?

"Radio:Built-in FM/HD Radio™ receiver5"
NICE!... but I guess now AM is offically out of picture...

Sounds like a nice product....but just wish I do not need to pay extra to go HD.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
But you never know, the Zune HD may turn into a Boom HD!

I like what this device has to offer. Anyone know about where to get the other colors? Amazon still only has the platinum 32GB and black 16GB listed.

G

Where are they for sale? My Best Buy and Target still only have the old Zunes.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
"Packing Nvidia's Tegra processor (with clock speeds of 600 MHz, putting it in line with the iPhone 3GS and new iPod Touch)"

what... are you saying that just because one of the processors in the zune has the same clock speed as one of the completely different types of processors in the touch, they must be the same???

the 3GS is a beast specs wise, still hope the zune is better! (not that i can buy one :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.