Microsoft Officially Unveils the Arc Touch Mouse

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BPT747

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
This mouse looks really cool but it is too late and Microsoft mice have a bad reputation of having poor button feel.

Since Logitech launched a full sized mouse(that works on glass) with the nano USB dongle I can't imagine using anything else. Even big mice are small enough for laptop bags.

roldy

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
although i wont be replacing my MX anywhere (either...lookin@ you eddieroolz), I cant wait to see it in person. It'll sell well enough and it would have ended up on my list of finalists (just as the original arc did...AAA batteries was the straw>camel).

I'm so happy microsoft got rid of their gummy feeling, notch-less wheels. But they still dont like shift points (i.e. notch-y wheels). this is sure to be more successful though. Makes sense not to feel shift points if there's nothing there.

Albeit the 1 mouse they DIDNT ruin was the arc v1! It has a nice clicky/ shifty/ notchy wheel.

danglang23

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2010
[citation][nom]ben BOys[/nom]Tom's oviously getting paid to cover this story by microsoft[/citation]

I'm very suspicious of corporations but Tom's does gibe at the mouse a little bit so I don't think they got paid.

Now, I can't remember the last time I had to leave my mouse at home because it was just too bulky for my laptop bag but who am I to complain about added portability?

RabidFace

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
[citation][nom]crossbow82[/nom]Lordy McGordy! I'll stick with a cheaper $30 Logitech M310. I do like the ability to flatten it, but that feature doesn't cost another $40 imo.[/citation]

Best gaming mouse IMO :) It fit my hand perfectly, weight was perfect and the ambidextrous design was perfect. I don't like "formed" mice. Still have mine, but the right-click stopped working. Been with a IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 since, and still miss my MX310 :(

furylicious

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
Innovative, but 70 bucks? I can buy a keyboard AND a mouse for that price. I mean, I can understand if the thing had multiple buttons, but from what I can see it just had the two and the scroller. That's not worth it to me, just so I can show my friends that I have a thin, flexible mouse? No thanks.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I can see this being useful for those who want comfort.
Sure you can get mice that are sculpted but the shape is fixed, with this mouse you can bend it to fit the exact shape of the bridge of your palm and therefore should be perfect for everyone who uses it.

Oh something else that's not too clear, the top of the mouse is a touchpad, so you can have all directional movement on it instead of just a scroll? Or is it only a touch scroll up and down?

I used some new MAC mouse that had the whole top surface touch enabled, so you can just move your finger side to side and up and down to scroll. Very usefull.

haramir

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I wonder how often you will end up "accidentally" flattening the mouse when you are resting the weight of your hand on it. I'd rather not my mouse make me feel like "HULK SMASH!" everything I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.