Microsoft: Our Websites Are ''Horrific''

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]They are Horrific just like their advertising department. However the first step is admitting you have a problem. LOL[/citation]
Yes, at least they are admitting that there is a problem. I wish another company, who will remain unnamed at this time, would admit their problems :sarcastic: ;)

sidran32

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
The Microsoft website(s) have changed from the past. They were much, much worse, nearly hair-pullingly worse. Things have improved, but there could still be some improvements, however.

doomtomb

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
I have to say the Microsoft website looks like it was made in 2000 and never updated. The layout and design look very dated, surprising considering its a multi-billion dollar company.

G

When you have a monopoly, you don't need good websites or half-way decent advertising...

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
One of their problems has to be that they have so many pages, sites, and sub-sites. All the info they have must be difficult to manage.

stokesj75

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I work at an I.T. company. And use M$ for Open licensing, Then E-Open site is horrific, half the time it don't work at all. the other times it is slow. I have had to call M$ a couple of times as the keys just vanish.. *poof*
The have a lot of work to do to fix all of M$'s sites.

geoffs

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2007
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]I have to say the Microsoft website looks like it was made in 2000 and never updated. The layout and design look very dated, surprising considering its a multi-billion dollar company.[/citation]Given MS' tendency to refuse to use any other company's tools, they were probably created in FrontPage, and we know what an abomination that is.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]sidran32[/nom]The Microsoft website(s) have changed from the past. They were much, much worse, nearly hair-pullingly worse. Things have improved, but there could still be some improvements, however.[/citation]

That's so true... The best bet used to be to type in the search of their main webpage what you are looking for and IF you are lucky enough to find it while scolling the results. Now it is million times more convinient.

Wonder how Bill ill take the statement though and his thoughts on the effect of the statement on the audience.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]okibrian[/nom]Hey, don't forget your MCP site sucks too. Oh, and the MCT site (along with the renewal process and staff) sucks the most.[/citation]
Hey, don't forget every other Microsoft site!

Hopefully they aren't so crappy and confusing soon enough!

r3t4rd

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
[citation][nom]matt87_50[/nom]omg, did Microsoft finally discover the internet?[/citation]
No...Al Gore discovered and invented the internet.
[citation][nom]ElectroGoofy[/nom]Yes, at least they are admitting that there is a problem. I wish another company, who will remain unnamed at this time, would admit their problems[/citation]
What fruity company would do such a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.