Microsoft Patent Details Controller with Integrated Biometrics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
I would think the pressure of one's grip would vary for a variety of reasons. What happens if two individuals have the same or similar grip pressure?

jlats26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
It would make more sense if it was an actual bio-metric fingerprint or something. Pressure sensitive just wont work consistently, even if the sensor is super sensitive, that just means you will have to hold the controller EXACTLY the same every time or it wont work. Seems like a headache more than a luxury

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
Does this mean I'll be able to choke out people in games like Grand Theft? Or like how Darth Vader did that jedi choke out thing.

anamech

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
@okibrian The Darth Vader choke this would be ridiculously awesome!!!! IF they could pull off something like that, it would be a complete game-changer in the console market!

As for logging into Xbox live...I ould think that the pressure thing would be a feature and not compolsury, so you could still log in as before, by selecting the profile you want!

Still...a pretty cool idea

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Wouldn't it be cool if they actually developed proper biometric detection for their controllers? You could run a metal strip around the seams of the controller, that could read heart rate, and perspiration, deriving your mood, and changing the game accordingly. Imagine how much Dead Space could f**k you up, if it could recognise what scares you the most. Or what gets your heart racing the most in an FPS game, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.