Microsoft Patent Points to Glasses, Helmet for Xbox, Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Captivus

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
Im young but...I wish im still alive to see any good performing reality enhancement devices like glasses, helmets, gloves...
Please GOD!! Im afraid my son is going to enjoy and im not!!

G

bla bla bla, kepler releases tomorrow!!!!! (23rd March, it's official)

G

how about a plug in the back of my head like matrix, that would be the best ever.

il live in my own virtual world forever. with network access of course... just imagine the gaming....

CDdude55

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
Looks pretty stupid. This would be great if it was bundled with a game like Ace Combat, but i don't want to be playing all my games looking like Amelia Earhart.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Nothing new. There are already wearable screen-glasses on the market. If they were stand-alone systems, I could see the innovation, but just to see the xBox screen on your glasses instead of a TV... meh.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
if this has at least a 720p screen for each eye, a gyroscope in the head, so you can move your head and have it turn in game, and support for me using my own earbuds... my god, racing games... just imagine it, being 100% surrounded by visuals, the thing uses kinect to see how your bydy is shaped, you turn left and you see a car to your left, you turn right and you see a few trees you barely missed, you look up at your review mirror, adjust it a bit to get a better view, looking down at the speedomitor, its saying 147 mph, you than go into a city, and now you have some cops on you, you look back, not look at the review mirror, you look back and see them on you... and there you go...

thats the reason i want a head set... dead god can you imagine what it would do to racing games, a genre i barely like, much less any other genre. it would turn what i know about games on its head. hell it could probably get me to like sports games, imagine it, you have a controler in your hand, and the game is first person now, in football (american) when the qb throws the ball you follow the ball a bit, if caught my your team, it goes first person in their body.

G

Instead of useless peripherals how about updating the current consoles?.

Status
Not open for further replies.