Microsoft Preps Final Security Patches for Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
So all Microsoft security flaws being patched for XP at it's deadline have to do with Office/IE/Publisher none of which I use anyway nor plan to do so.

signothorn

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
I'd think if you use XP in a limited account, use Chrome with adblock plus, you should be able to run XP just fine for general use. I keep reading these "chicken little" articles, some even saying ATM's are at risk "from hackers in dark rooms" when they'd actually need a USB direct connection and I think it's a little paranoid and ridiculous.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
I'd think if you use XP in a limited account, use Chrome with adblock plus, you should be able to run XP just fine for general use. I keep reading these "chicken little" articles, some even saying ATM's are at risk "from hackers in dark rooms" when they'd actually need a USB direct connection and I think it's a little paranoid and ridiculous.
Yeah pretty much if someone has USB access to any OS it's going to be a lot more vulnerable in general potentially. I use Mozilla and adblock, but really any web browser that isn't IE will be much safer.

Jeffrey H

Estimable
Mar 4, 2014
Well Windows 9 better have something in terms of keeping the XP and Classic Skins, and not another Steve Balmer Windows 8 setup and Touch Screen Requirement system.

Status
Not open for further replies.