Microsoft Prices Xbox One Controller and Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
wonder if they will take a page from nintendo and let you use your 360 controller on the one like the wii let you plug in gamecube controllers... lawl just kidding it is m$ they will milk you for every dime they can. this will be the first console i do not buy, nto that i have used my xbox 360 or ps3 much, heck only have a few titles for each mostly game on my pc and even those are mostly because they are games requiring origins which i will nto put on my pc

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
Gosh dang, controllers have gotten expensive over the years. The price doesn't really shock me though. All the extras really add up when you go to get a new console (games, accessories). I wonder if Xbone will come with an HDMI or just the old composite R/Y/W...

anything4this

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Is the XB1 even non-hd?

Also I find it rather insulting for them to give a 14 day free trial of XBL gold for new members only after people shell out $500..

Best possibility would be for someone to find a cheap way to have the XB360 controller function on the One

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
(though it's possible to chat via Kinect using the motion sensor's mic)

Isn't this going to be god awful? People chatting with kinect while you pick up the feedback from their 5.1 audio system, so it can spit out the same chat, and pick it up again..... x32 players in CoD MW75?

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
@Nollarow From what I've heard, the Kinect actually has software that is designed to filter out game audio when it detects it, I guess the system processes game audio shortly before it comes out of your speakers and sends that data to your Kinect, which then knows to filter it out. The software can also apparently detect various voices peoples voices near your console and make seperate voice profiles for each, so if it detects a person talking who doesn't have their account signed in on a controller, it won't broadcast what they're saying either. Apparently some journalists have seen the new Kinect's noise filtering in action and were impressed by how well it works. The only problem I can foresee with using the Kinect for game chat is that it will be hard to hear other people, I've had so much trouble trying to fine tune both voice and game audio levels to a point where I can hear both over my tv speakers without waking up other people in my house late at night.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
So apparently today a Microsoft employee tweeted and said that Microsoft is now considering bundling the $25 mono headset after listening to feedback about their decision to not include one and instead use the Kinect for chat.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
not bundling the headset is bar none, the STUPIDEST thing they could do. a kinect microphone WILL pick up a LOT of feedback from the tv, from your family, from other stuff. aside from all of that, it's what really pushed xblive to the top. yes, it wasn't the content, nor was it the price of xbl gold and the "additional features". it was the bundled headset so people can talk to each other while playing because essentially, online gaming is a form of socializing.

Status
Not open for further replies.