Microsoft Registers Domains for Halo 7, 8, 9 for the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Embodies everything that is wrong with major studios at the moment....[/citation]

Is the issue that they are planning on beating the dead horse or that they have to buy up the domains because of (censored) scum cybersquatters who will try to extort money from them if they don't?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]QEFX[/nom]Is the issue that they are planning on beating the dead horse or that they have to buy up the domains because of (censored) scum cybersquatters who will try to extort money from them if they don't?[/citation]

The non stop sequels. Especially of an FPS, there is only so many ways you can make a FPS....

At least Borderlands is a mix of a FPS and RPG with a random loot generator. At least have unique games get all these sequels.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]QEFX[/nom]Is the issue that they are planning on beating the dead horse or that they have to buy up the domains because of (censored) scum cybersquatters who will try to extort money from them if they don't?[/citation]
Yeah it's called the free market dipweed and if someone can think ahead and buy something someone else wants then sell it more power to them.

kewlmunky

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Rather scary to see where Halo might go without Bungie having some control over it. I don't know if Microsoft shared the ownership with 343 after Bungie dropped from the franchise, but if not I do not look forward to Microsoft milking the shit out of the series, and then producing a shitty movie.

snowzsan

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Where ever you see a post about Halo, these moronic comments follow. It's as if they do a Google search of Halo every 5 minutes for 16 hours a day and as soon as something new shows up, they click the "full retard" button on their keyboard and away they go!

"Beating a dead horse"... How in God's name do you figure they're sucking Halo dry? Halo is a great game with a very vivid and indepth storyline that allows the player to immerse themselves into the main character enough that they care. Master Chief is iconic and is an autothought when you hear Xbox.

I'm no fanboy but these games absolutely made my childhood complete. Just because you're older now and far more critical doesn't mean that the game changed, you just became an over-opinionated jackass.

Some people, I swear.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I entirely agree with snowzsan. I read the article and thought "smart move by someone at Microsoft" because if those numbered games ever came out they'd have to buy the domains at a high cost.

Then I read the comments and realized that there were literally only four comments worth reading and the rest of it was entirely complaining in one way or another. If you don't like halo or consoles that's great I hate current gen consoles too, however, some people love Halo for what they are just like PC gamers have loved Quake III, Unreal, and the Source Engine games and your comments are absolutely useless as they offer no intelligent insight or constructive criticism; only whining.

G

[citation][nom]snowzsan[/nom]Just because you're older now and far more critical doesn't mean that the game changed, you just became an over-opinionated jackass.[/citation]

Or maybe some people just don't like Halo and never did.

Derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.