Microsoft Shareholder Wants Steve Ballmer Out

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lofty_ninja

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Blatant uninformed Microsoft hate makes you look ignorant and belligerent. Einhorn is an ass, he got it right dumping Lehmann shares before they crashed and now everyone thinks he walks on water, but he's been very wrong before. Also why would he buy Microsoft shares that have hardly moved in five years and then bitch about them? They've been paying out great dividends for over a decade now but have been stagnant for ages - this is hardly Ballmer’s fault, COME ON. The biggest thing hurting their share price is the fact that Bill Gates has been dumping his shares for aaaages now, a million here a million there, as he ramps up his philanthropic efforts. Ousting Ballmer is not going to help that (duh), and hopping on the Microsoft hate bandwagon achieves... what exactly?
No new innovative products? Xbox (console/Xbox Live/Kinect) anyone?

Also Apple aren't Microsoft's major concern - they are and always will be a niche product market. HIGHLY successful in their niches, but no threat to Microsoft's ultimate survival - that would be Google. And that 'sinkhole' Bing? Well that's Microsoft taking on the real threat. And for a company that was late to the search party (because search wasn't their focus), they’ve done incredibly well to get Bing where it is today, how many other search engines (Chinese copycats aside) have even a tiny presence? None.

I love my Xbox, I love Win7. I also love my iPhone, and use Google religiously. Microsoft are good at what they do and they’re getting better at things they don’t. To wail on Ballmer because a hedge-fund cowboy says so is stupid. What does he know about tech anyway?
Go Ballmer. At least he gets genuinely excited about his products.

lofty_ninja

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
Blatant uninformed Microsoft hate makes you look ignorant and belligerent. Einhorn is an ass, he got it right dumping Lehmann shares before they crashed and now everyone thinks he walks on water, but he's been very wrong before. Also why would he buy Microsoft shares that have hardly moved in five years and then bitch about them? They've been paying out great dividends for over a decade now but have been stagnant for ages - this is hardly Ballmer’s fault, COME ON. The biggest thing hurting their share price is the fact that Bill Gates has been dumping his shares for aaaages now, a million here a million there, as he ramps up his philanthropic efforts. Ousting Ballmer is not going to help that (duh), and hopping on the Microsoft hate bandwagon achieves... what exactly?
No new innovative products? Xbox (console/Xbox Live/Kinect) anyone?

Also Apple aren't Microsoft's major concern - they are and always will be a niche product market. HIGHLY successful in their niches, but no threat to Microsoft's ultimate survival - that would be Google. And that 'sinkhole' Bing? Well that's Microsoft taking on the real threat. And for a company that was late to the search party (because search wasn't their focus), they’ve done incredibly well to get Bing where it is today, how many other search engines (Chinese copycats aside) have even a tiny presence? None.

I love my Xbox, I love Win7. I also love my iPhone, and use Google religiously. Microsoft are good at what they do and they’re getting better at things they don’t. To wail on Ballmer because a hedge-fund cowboy says so is stupid. What does he know about tech anyway?
Go Ballmer. At least he gets genuinely excited about his products.

kkiddu

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009
Let's compare Ballmer's performance with mine:-

->He missed out on social networking revolution
-So did I.

->He missed out on the tablet revolution.
-So did I.

->He missed out on the smartphone revolution
-So did I.

->He earns millions.
-I don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.