Microsoft Skydrive: Can I duplicate my saved files on my hard drive automatically?

Masonisbetter

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
I love using the Skydrive because it allows me to type school documents on my computer and then reference them using my ipod while I'm in class. However, in my experience with both skydrive and other cloud services, trusting anything just on the cloud is a fantastic way to lose documents without any chance of recovery. As I result, I've taken to copying skydrive files onto my C drive just to make sure I can always get them back, but when updating documents often it is hard to keep up to date on backing them up which can result in having papers that are not at all up to date with what I've actually done. My question is this: is there a way to save my documents to both the skydrive and my hard drive whenever I hit the save button?

Solution

Yeah just go here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/download and download the software, once it's installed sign in to your account and it will create a folder on your computer called skydrive, it will sync existing files in there and in the future just create folders and documents in that folder for it to be synced into the cloud.

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
Just download the skydrive desktop client, it saves all your files locally and backs them up every time you make a change. It works similar to google drives desktop client and dropbox. I use all three of those for maximum amounts of space.

burdenbound

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011

Yeah just go here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/skydrive/download and download the software, once it's installed sign in to your account and it will create a folder on your computer called skydrive, it will sync existing files in there and in the future just create folders and documents in that folder for it to be synced into the cloud.

Solution

Masonisbetter

Honorable
Jun 5, 2013
Very cool! That's exactly what I wanted to know, thanks a ton for the quick response!!